Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) sends updates, known as writebacks, to netFORUM Enterprise for various activities that occur within Thrive Marketing Professional. By writing information to netFORUM Enterprise, you maintain data integrity and ensure that the two databases stay synchronized with one another.
There are two categories of writebacks sent with this integration:
- Mailing Activity - Include the mailing name, status (delivered/opened/sent), send date, and open date
- Subscriber Status - include unsubscribe information, unsubscribe date, unsubscribe reason (if provided), bad email status, and resubscribe information
Writeback settings for Mailing Activity
To establish writeback settings in netFORUM Enterprise:
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration.
- Click Writeback Settings.
- On the Writeback Setting page, use the checkboxes to enable (checked) or disable (unchecked) Mailing Activity writebacks for your account. Additionally, you can control the writebacks at a more granular level by enabling or disabling the following writebacks:
NOTE: Unsubscribe, resubscribe, and bad email writebacks cannot be disabled.
- Use the corresponding radio buttons in the Writeback Frequency area to set writeback frequency. Writebacks can be set to transmit automatically on a daily or weekly basis or can be set to transmit manually.
- Click Save to save your settings.
Unsubscribes are stored in a queue. Thrive Marketing Professional polls the database every ten minutes to look for new unsubscribes to send back to netFORUM Enterprise. These writebacks contain the following data:
- netFORUM Unsubscribe
- Unsubscribe Date
- Unsubscribe Reason (if provided)
The unsubscribe writeback checks the Do Not Contact By Email flag in netFORUM Enterprise. To view this, navigate to an individual record in netFORUM Enterprise and click Edit Contact Info.
The flag is located under the Do Not Contact By heading.
When an Thrive Marketing Professional admin manually resubscribes a subscriber, Thrive Marketing Professional sends a resubscribe writeback. Like unsubscribes, these are stored in a queue. Thrive Marketing Professional polls the database every ten minutes to look for new resubscribes to send back to netFORUM Enterprise.
NOTE: A resubscribe writeback unchecks the Do Not Contact By Email flag in netFORUM Enterprise.
In Thrive Marketing Professional, navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration > Writeback List.
The provided list shows all pending, completed, and failed writebacks along with their details.