Informz requests mailing recipients from a saved query found in netFORUM Enterprise. Each time individuals are requested, netFORUM Enterprise re-runs the query, ensuring that Informz has the most current list.
The following must be true for each netFORUM Enterprise query to be usable by Informz.
- Each query must contain “Informz” as its prefix
- Each query must contain the Individual Primary Email Address column (cst_eml_adress_dn)
- Each query must contain the Do Not Contact By Email column (cst_no_email_flag)
- Queries cannot contain run-time parameters
Create a Query
Below are the required steps to create a query that Informz can use as a target group.
- Navigate to Modules > CRM.
- Navigate to Individuals > Query from the left column.
- Click the Query Columns tab.
- Add the following two columns to the Display Columns section:
- Customer::Primary E-Mail
- Customer::Do Not Contact by Email
- Add any additional columns needed as filter criteria.
- Click the Column to Query menu and select the desired column.
- Enter any necessary query criteria.
- Click Add to Query.
- Enter a Query Name. Always begin this name with the prefix Informz. Any descriptive text can be added after Informzso long as you don't include any special characters (only queries that begin with Informz are identified as a source for a target group in Informz).
- Click Save Query.
- Click Run Query to view any subscribers that match your criteria.
Create an Audience Query
Below are the required steps to create an audience query that Informz can use as a target group.
- Navigate to Modules > CRM.
- Navigate to Individuals > Audience.
- Enter a name for the Audience Query. Always begin this name with the prefix Informz. Any descriptive text can be added after Informz so long as you don't include any special characters (only queries that begin with Informz are identified as a source for a target group in Informz).
- Click Add in the Query Blocks section to enable the Object and Query menus.
- Click the Object menu and select the Individual type to include. Audience queries must be built with queries built on the Individual Object.
- Click the Query menu and select an available Individual query. Only select a query with the Informz prefix.
- Enter any additional information required for the query.
- Click Update Count to see how many records the current criteria returns. This action updates the Block Count, Running Count, and Final Audience Count fields. Use this any time an Audience is created or changed to ensure the results are what you expect.
- Click Save Audience when complete.
- Click Run Query to view the newly created query and verify the results.
NOTE: netFORUM Enterprise integrations only support the primary email address (cst_eml_adress_dn) for individuals (this is true for individual and audience queries). Secondary or tertiary email addresses from a customer record are not supported for mailing through the integration.