Opting out is a way for subscribers to remove themselves from a particular target group. By doing this, they'll no longer receive mailings associated with that particular topic or subscriber preference.
NOTE: Having a good strategy to manage your subscribers' preferences is very important to a successful email marketing strategy. Taking a little extra time to ensure your netFORUM Pro queries appropriately include and exclude preferences creates a much better experience for your subscribers.
netFORUM Pro has an opt-out tracking mechanism called Messaging & Opt-Out Categories. This is used in the Messaging Job Wizard to exclude a set of individuals from a query. Users are able to edit/maintain their own opt-out options by using the E-mail Opt-Out. The individual/subscriber can also access this page when using the Opt-Out/Manage Preferences link within an Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) mailing.
Any changes that the recipient makes to these categories are recorded in netFORUM Pro (this information is not stored in Thrive Marketing Professional). Therefore, the opt-out group must be included when the messaging job/target group is created in netFORUM Pro.
Add a Message Category
- Navigate to Modules > eMarketing > Overview > Setup.
- Click the Arrow Button to expand the Messaging & Opt-out Categories heading.
- Click ADD on the right side of the Message Category.
- Enter any necessary information, and then click Save to make the message category available.
View the Opt-Out Form
- Locate and view an individual record in netFORUM Pro (Modules > CRM > Individuals).
- Click the Pencil (Edit) icon and select Edit Email Opt Out.
- Any unsubscribed categories display with the associated checkboxes checked (unchecked boxes remain subscribed).
The Opt-Out Management Link
When you enter an opt-out link in your mailing template, you access a direct link provided by Abila. To view this link, navigate to Admin > System Settings and scroll to the Opt-Out Management heading. It ultimately provides a preference management form for subscribers to use.