Using Personalization is a great way to engage your subscribers. The Informz for Salesforce integration supports many different personalization fields; Salesforce personalization fields are determined by the target group type (Contacts or Leads).
NOTE: As part of the initial integration setup process, your Salesforce administrator must make all fields visible in the organization and enable them for the API. If this step is not completed, the personalization fields are not displayed in Informz.
Informz has access to the following default personalization fields from Salesforce:
|Last Activity Date|
|Number of Employees|
|Other Postal Code|
|Other Street Address|
Modify Personalization fields
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration.
- Click List of Attributes (also leads to edit).
- Click Edit for the corresponding personalization. You'll see the following attributes:
- Attribute Use - Allows a Salesforce field to display, or not, in the personalization field list in the editor.
- Internal Name - The Salesforce internal attribute name. This does not need to be changed
- Comment - Used for internal documentation about the use of a personalization fields
- Data Element - The Salesforce name of the field. This cannot be changed.
- Display Name - Editable to provide a more descriptive name for Informz users.
- Personalization Default - Used when no value is provided from Salesforce. The field populated in the mailing will use what is set as the default.
Insert a Personalization field in a mailing
To select a Salesforce personalization field in the Informz editor, click the Personalization toolbar tool.
Personalization codes have the following format:
NOTE: The data to populate the code is retrieved from Salesforce during the mailing send process (personalization data is not stored locally in Informz). The data is gathered from Salesforce just before you send the mailing.
If your mailing is a copy from a previously created mailing, the mailing references the previously-used target group. If this target group was not a Salesforce list, Salesforce personalization fields are not initially available for selection. However, once the target group is changed to be a Salesforce list, the personalization fields display.