NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
You can enable/disable and configure your site's Password Policy on the Login Password Policy page, located in the Admin interface. Enabling a password policy forces all users to adhere to it when creating and updating their account passwords, making it a great way to ensure your members' passwords are complex enough to help prevent unauthorized access.
Access the Login Password Policy Page
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Set Login Password Policy from the Tools menu.
Configure Your Password Policy
From here, you can:
- Enable/disable your Password Policy.
- If enabled, configure the password requirements all users must adhere to when creating/updating their account passwords: You can define the minimum and maximum length your user's passwords must be, and the characters that must be included (you can even dictate the number of each character a password must contain). Requiring a high minimum password length (e.g., six or seven) and one or two of the Required Characters is a great way to ensure your members' passwords are complex enough to prevent unauthorized access.
- Enter a sample password to test your Password Policy.