On the Sent History page, you can:
- view all of the emails sent to a user in the past 14 days, including any complaint and bounced emails;
- see their current email status (whether they're blocked or not);
- export this information to a .csv file.
What are complaint/bounced emails?
A complaint occurs when a user clicks the "mark as spam" button in their email client, while a bounce indicates an email delivery failure as reported by the intended recipient's ISP or mail provider. Depending on the type of issue, Higher Logic may block future delivery attempts to a specific email address.
To access the Sent History page:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Email > Email Management > Sent History.
- Enter the user's email address and click Submit. All emails sent to this address in the past 14 days are listed below.
- Any bounce or complaint emails are indicated as such in the Bounce/Complaint column. Click the button in this column to view its details, including the time it was sent, it's Issue Type (complain, permanent, transient, undetermined), Issue Sub-Type (Sub-Types depend on the Type), DSN status, DSN diagnostic code, and DSN action.
- If the user's address is blocked, it will be indicated as such in the Email Block Status area, along with some details. Click Unblock Address to remove the block.
- You can click Export Email History to export this information to a .csv file.