On the Sent History page, you can:
- view all of the emails sent to a user in the past 14 days, including any complaint and bounced emails;
- see their current email status (whether they're blocked or not);
- export this information to a .csv file.
What are complaint/bounced emails?
A complaint occurs when a user clicks the "mark as spam" button in their email client, while a bounce indicates an email delivery failure as reported by the intended recipient's ISP or mail provider. Depending on the type of issue, Higher Logic may block future delivery attempts to a specific email address.
To check for these email issues for a specific user:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Email > Email Management > Sent History.
On the resulting page, you can enter the user's email address and click Submit. All emails sent to this address in the past 14 days are displayed on the page.
- Any bounce or complaint emails are indicated as such in the Bounce/Complaint column. Click the button in this column to view its details, including the time it was sent, it's Issue Type (complain, permanent, transient, undetermined), Issue Sub-Type (Sub-Types depend on the Type), DSN status, DSN diagnostic code, and DSN action.
- If the user's address is blocked, it will be indicated as such in the Email Block Status area, along with some details. Click Unblock Address to remove the block.
- You can click Export Email History to export this information to a .csv file.