On the Sent History page, you can:
- view the email messages sent to a user in the past 14 days, including complaint and bounced email messages, and
- see the user's current email-block status (i.e., whether they're blocked).
What are complaint/bounced emails?
A complaint occurs when a user clicks the "mark as spam" button in their email client, while a bounce indicates an email message delivery failure as reported by either the intended recipient's Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Email Service Provider (ESP). Depending on the type of issue, Higher Logic may block future delivery attempts to a specific email address.
To check for these email issues for a user:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Email > Email Management > Sent History.
On the Sent History page, you can enter a user's email address and click Submit. All emails sent to this address in the past 14 days are displayed on the page.
- Bounces and complaints are indicated in the Bounce/Complaint column. Click the button in this column to view its details, including the time it was sent, its Issue Type (complain, permanent, transient, undetermined), Issue Sub-Type (Sub-Types depend on the Type), DSN status, DSN diagnostic code, and DSN action.
- If the user's email address is blocked, it will be indicated in the Email Block Status area, along with some details. Click Unblock Address to remove the block.