NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
You can create a global Terms & Conditions (known as the Code of Conduct) on the Global page, located in the Admin interface.
How to Access the Global Page
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Global from the Users > Terms and Conditions menu.
How to Create Global Conditions
This is where you can manage your site's global Terms & Conditions (known as the Code of Conduct), which users are required to accept the first time they log in (unless disabled); if they don't, they won't be allowed to access your site. Your Code of Conduct should reflect your organization's policies and priorities regarding the online behavior expected of your members. It protects your organization legally and provides the rationale for managing undesired user actions and removing inappropriate content.
On this page (refer to the image below):
- Toggle this option ON/OFF to control whether users are required to agree to your terms the first time they log in (this is the recommended setting).
- Click this button to switch to a reader-compliant editor, making it friendly to screen readers so users who are blind can use it.
- Click these two buttons to toggle between the standard WYSIWYG editor (shown below) and HTML editor. The WYSIWYG editor allows you to create content much like Microsoft Word, while those proficient in HTML can write or insert HTML code in the HTML editor, providing even more creative freedom and flexibility.