You can use the Companies list to manage the company records in your site. On this page you can:
- create, edit, and disable company records in your account;
- add new and existing user records to a company;
- move user records from one company to a different company;
- add a company to one or more Security Groups, which will automatically filter to all associated users;
- and more.
IMPORTANT: If your Higher Logic site is integrated with an AMS/CRM database, do not use this list page to manage your company records; manage your records in your AMS/CRM database.
To manage your companies:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Users > Companies.
Create a company record
NOTE: You should create company records this way only if specifically directed to do so by Higher Logic staff, and as dictated by your site's implementation directions. If your organization's company records are managed in an AMS/CRM database, company records are typically added in that external system.
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- In the resulting dialog:
- Specify a Name for the company; this field is required.
- Specify any of the remaining (optional) contact and/or address information for the company.
NOTE: By default, the State/Province field does not display. If you want to include a state or province for the company, you must choose a Country from the dropdown to display the State/Province field.
- This extra step ensures that the correct State/Province list displays for the chosen country.
- You can skip this if you do not want to include a State/Province.
- The State/Province dropdown is not applicable to all countries.
- Specify a Website URL (optional).
- Click in the Security Groups field and add the company to one or more Security Groups. Security Groups' permissions are automatically inherited by all users (current and future) associated to that company.
- Click the Choose Image button to add a logo or other image to the company profile. You can upload an image file from a variety of sources, such as your hard drive, an external drive, and social-media sites.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps to create additional company records.
NOTE: Now that you have created company records, refer to Manage company records, below, to add a new or existing user a company, or to move all users from another company.
Search & filter the Companies list
Here at the top right, you can:
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand the search field to find companies by name. The list will automatically update with each typed character and display all records (visible and hidden) that contain a match. Click the X to clear the search field and restore the original list.
- Click the filter icon to access the Company Status (Enabled, Disabled, Approval Pending) and Security Group filters. You can apply multiple status filters but only one Security Group; click Apply to refine the list with your filters. If there is an active filter, the filter icon will be solid orange. Click the filter icon and click Clear Filter > Apply to restore the original list.
Edit company records & view company profiles
The Edit and View options are above the Companies list.
You must select a company in the list in order to enable these buttons.
- Click Edit to open the Edit Company dialog where you can change the name, company contact details, company address details, the Security Group assignments, and the logo. Click Save when you're finished.
- Click View to open the company profile in the community (in a new tab). There, you can see a list of the company's users and any details that are included in the company profile.
Manage company records
Select a company in the list to view its details in the Preview Panel. The User Counts section is particularly useful with its breakdown of enabled, deactivated, and administrator users.
TIP: Click a User Counts status to be taken to the associated Users List, pre-filtered on the selected company.
In addition, click the More menu above the list to:
- Add a single new user to the selected, enabled company. Complete the fields (some of which are required) on the dialog and click Save.
- The Company field is pre-filled and cannot be changed.
- Confirm the added user by checking the User Counts section of the Preview Panel.
- Add one or more existing users to the selected, enabled company. In the dialog, type a user's name or email address and then make a selection from the automatically populated list.
- Click Add to add the selected users to this company. Click the x on a user's entry to remove the user.
- "Existing users" can be either: users who you want to move from a different company or users who do not currently belong to a company.
- You can repeat this to add more users.
- Move all users from a different company to the selected, enabled company. In the dialog, click the dropdown to select a company, verify the target company in the To this company: field, and then click Save.
- Manage the Status of the selected company record. The current status determines whether the option is Enable or Disable. Confirm the action at the prompt and then check the Status column.
- If a company status is set to Disable, the company's associated users cannot log in until the company record is enabled by a Super Admin.
- Super Admins can disable company records in a Higher Logic-managed site without affecting their status in your database.
Export company records
Click the export icon at the top right to export your company records to a CSV file.
The exported file contains each company's:
- City and State
- Integration key
- Number of users
- Security Group(s)
- Modified date and time
- Current status (Enabled, Disabled, Approval Pending)
TIP: Exporting respects all active filters, so you can customize the list of companies that you export.