You can use the Companies List to manage your Higher Logic company records. With it, you can:
- create, edit, and disable company accounts,
- add new users to a company,
- move existing users to a different company,
- add a company to one or more Security Groups, which will automatically filter to all associated users,
- and more.
NOTE: Managing company records via this list is primarily meant for clients who are not integrated with an AMS; integrated clients will generally want to manage their company records in that system.
To manage your Higher Logic companies:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Users > Companies.
Create a company record
NOTE: You should only create company records this way if specifically directed to do so by Higher Logic staff, and as dictated by your site's implementation directions. For example, if your organization's companies are managed in an AMS, you'd likely want to add new companies in that system, not independently to your Higher Logic community site.
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- In the resulting dialog:
- Enter the company's name, email address, contact/address information, and website URL (if applicable).
- Add the company to one or more Security Groups, which will automatically be inherited by each user belonging to that company. This is a great way to control the level of access of every user belonging to a company.
- If you want to associate an image to the company, click Upload. You can choose files from your hard drive, network, or any of the other third-party options, like Google Photos, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Click Upload to add a corporate logo or other image to your company profile.
NOTE: You can also add user records to the company via the More menu: You can add a single user, move a single user from another company, or move ALL users from another company.
- When finished, click Save. The company is now displayed in the list.
Search & filter
Here at the top right, you can:
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand a search field, allowing you to find specific companies by name.
- Click the filter icon to view various filters you can apply to make it easier to find specific companies. Filters include Company Status (enabled, disabled, approval pending) and Security Group. A check mark next to the filter icon indicates an active filter. Click the filter icon and click Clear Filter to restore the original list.
Select a company in the list to view its details in the Preview Panel. A breakdown of its users is provided in the User Counts area: The number of enabled, deactivated, and administrator users.
In addition, click the More menu above the list to:
- Add a single user to the company, filling out the same user information you would using the Manage Users tool.
- Move one or more existing users from another company to this company. To do so, simply begin typing the user's name or email address and select them from the automatically populated list. You can repeat this to add multiple users. After selecting the desired user(s), click the Add Selected Users button to move them to this company. Remove selected users by clicking the X beside a user's name.
- Move ALL users from another company to this company. This is a great tool for handling changes in the structure of your organization's companies (e.g., company acquisitions, mergers, etc.).
- Disable this company's record, meaning its associated users cannot log in until this record is reactivated by a Super Admin. Keep in mind that Super Admins can disable company accounts in a Higher Logic-managed community without affecting their status in your database (if applicable). If a company is disabled, this option becomes Enable Company.
Export company records
Click the export icon at the top right to export your company records to a CSV file, providing each company's:
- Integration key
- Number of users
- Security Group(s)
- Modified details
- Current status (enabled, disabled, approval pending)
TIP: Exporting respects any filters currently active, enabling you to export a specific list of companies, if needed.