To control how user names are displayed across your site (e.g., in discussion posts, library entries, blog articles, etc.):
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Users > Profile > Name Format.
Manage user name format
At the top of the page, your current name format is displayed.
You can update it one of two ways:
- Select one of the three pre-configured formats: FirstName LastName; FirstName MiddleName LastName; or LastName, FirstName.
- Click Create a Custom Name Format and drag-and-drop options into the Custom Format field, as shown below:
After updating your format, click Save and Apply New Format to apply it site-wide for all users.
Preview your name format
You can preview your chosen name format using an actual user on your site.
- Click Preview name format.
- Enter a first name, last name, and/or email address and click Search.
Your community site's Directory is queried and the specified user is listed, displaying the name in the selected format.