Each member of your Community has a profile page that they can populate with various types of personal information. As an admin, you can configure points to be awarded to members based on which fields in their profile they complete.
Members can then easily see, by way of the profile completeness bar, how complete their profile is (i.e., how much personal information they provide).
You can manage profile completeness for your Community by:
- assigning a point value for each profile demographic field,
- setting a maximum point threshold for each profile demographic field, and
- activating/deactivating the profile demographic fields.
TIP: As a Super Admin, you control what profile information contributes toward profile completeness. Keep in mind that not all fields have to have point values.
Access the Profile Completeness page
To manage profile completeness:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Users > Profile > Profile Completeness.
Manage profile completeness
The Profile Completeness page lists your Community's profile demographic fields, any assigned point values and points thresholds, and what completing the field applies to.
Understand point assignments
Before assigning point values for a profile demographic field, be sure you understand how they work.
- Points is the number of points the member will earn per completed instance of that field type in their profile.
EXAMPLE: Janet has three certifications; she lists all three on her profile; she earns 6 points (2 points for each certification).
- Max Points is the maximum number of points that the member can earn for all completed instances of that field type in their profile.
EXAMPLE: Jane has seven certifications; she lists all seven on her profile; she earns 10 points, the allowed maximum (2 points each for five certifications; the other two aren't counted because the threshold has been reached).
Edit your profile demographic fields
You can assign point values and to whom they apply in a profile demographic field's edit panel.
- Click a profile demographic field to select it; its edit panel opens on the right.
- In the panel, you can:
- specify values for Points and Max Points,
- check/uncheck the People and Companies boxes to set who the points apply to, and
- check/uncheck the Active box to enable/disable points for the field.
- Click Save at the bottom of the edit panel and review your settings before leaving the page.
NOTE: The Save and Cancel buttons display in the edit panel only if a change is made.
- You can apply points for a profile demographic field to people, companies, or both as shown with Contacts in the above image.
- Alternatively, you can duplicate a profile demographic field and assign different point values per group, as with Company Name in the above image.
Search & Export options
There are two list-management options — Search and Export — in the upper right of the page.
Use the search function to refine the list.
TIP: The search queries the Name, Points, and Max Points fields. Searching on 10 is an easy way to quickly isolate points-based fields with a value of 10.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand the search box.
- Type a search value in the field.
The list automatically updates with each typed character and displays the matching fields.
Use this option to download a .CSV file that lists the profile-completeness fields that currently display and the values that are assigned for each.
NOTE: If the list has been filtered by search criteria, the export file contains only the fields that display when the export is triggered.
- Click the Export icon.
- Navigate to where you want to store the report file, give it a memorable name, and click Save.
- Open and review the file before navigating away from this page.
Profile completeness bar
As members complete their profiles, the profile completeness bar indicates their progress as a percentage. The percent is based on having completed the profile demographic fields that an Admin has applied to the group (People or Companies) and set to Active.
Completeness bar notes
Keep in mind the following points:
- The completeness bar is applicable only to the profile demographic fields that are set to Active (step 2 of Edit your profile demographic fields, above). All other profile activity is excluded from this calculation.
- The percent is based on the number of profile demographic fields that are set to Active, not the values assigned to the fields.
- When the profile is "100% complete," the completeness bar no longer displays.
Completeness bar display & locations
Super Admins can control whether the profile completeness bar displays, but not where it displays; the display locations are hard-coded and cannot be changed. The profile completeness bar displays in:
- the Welcome box
- the Profile Card widget (Thrive Community only)
By default, the profile completeness bar displays in the Welcome box when a member clicks their Profile icon.
You can enable/disable the profile completeness bar on the Layout tab of the Set Up Your Site page.
Profile Card widget (Thrive Community only)
By default, the profile completeness bar displays in the Profile Card widget on the Member Home page.
You can enable/disable it by using the Show Profile Completion? toggle when editing the widget in Page Designer.