The Experts Directory allows your organization to build an online network of industry leaders, speakers, and subject matter experts. Each can create and manage their own Expert Profile, complete with their contact information, bio, areas of expertise, location availability, and more. Your community members, chapters, and associations can search and review these credentials to find and connect with the perfect candidate for any of your organization's events, meetings, and conferences.
If your organization licenses this module, members will have access to an additional Directory search and user profile:
Watch the video
Experts Directory Search
With the default Higher Logic site configuration, you can access the Experts Directory Search by selecting Expert Directory from the Directory menu on your site's main Navigation Bar.
Need to find someone with community management expertise who lives in the Washington DC area? Are you looking for someone with knowledge about member engagement who's willing to speak for free at your upcoming conference next month? This search enables you to find experts matching your exact needs using criteria like name, location, areas of expertise, and more.
All users matching your needs are listed by how closely they match your criteria, and you can click the Expert Profile button below their profile picture to learn more about them.
A complete expert profile can include contact information, Expert-specific bio, areas of expertise, travel locations where reimbursement is and is not required, previous and upcoming presentations, and more.
From here, you can connect with an Expert by sending them a message or adding them as a contact (this request must be approved).
Set up your Experts Profile
Your Expert profile is accessible from your main profile by selecting My Expert Profile from the My Profile menu.
From here, you can (refer to the figure below):
- Toggle this option to YES or NO to control whether your Expert profile appears in search results. Set this to NO if you ever need to temporarily (or permanently) remove yourself from being found.
- Write a unique bio detailing your expertise and background. Provide as much information as you can to give potential interested parties sufficient insight into whether you're a good fit for their needs.
- Add all of your specific areas of expertise. You'll be able to choose from a defined list established for your site by your Super Administrators. Other users will be able to "Thumbs up" your credentials when visiting your Expert profile, advocating for your skills and knowledge of a particular topic.
- Indicate your location availability, providing both the locations where you'll require reimbursement to travel AND those where you won't.
- Indicate whether your services come at a price, and if so, how much.
- List any and all of your previous speaking engagements, and upcoming ones you want to advertise.
- Create a "friendly URL" to share with others, making it easy for users to find your Expert profile.