As users engage with your events, the system automatically generates and sends associated event-related emails to them (to their primary email and/or profile inbox). For example, registering for an event or canceling a registration trigger emails.
While the default content in these templates is generally sufficient, you can modify these system-generated event templates at any time, if you want to ensure they contain the precise language and formatting required by your organization. These templates can be formatted in both HTML and plain text (though the plain text version is often not necessary because most modern email clients automatically display HTML content as plain text).
Access/update event tempates
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Email Templates from the Communities menu.
- The system's email templates are grouped by category in the menu at the top; select Events from the Category menu.
- Click a template's Edit button on the right. On the resulting page, you can make changes like toggling the Active option to ON/OFF to enable/disable the template, changing its name, and updating its reply-to or subject. More than likely, though, you'll just want to update text in the HTML and Text versions of the email, so make your desired changes and click Finish to save them.
Promotional opt-outs for non-transactional emails
To ensure compliance with international data privacy initiatives, all event email templates that are considered non-transactional can be set to a promotional opt-out group so recipients can opt-out of receiving them.
The following event templates default to the promotional opt-out group:
- Event Invitation
- Repeating Event Invitation
- Share Event
The following event templates can be set to the promotional opt-out group:
- Custom Event Invitation Template
- Event Details Changed Notification
- Event Maximum Registrations Notification
- Second Upcoming Event Reminder
- Upcoming Event Reminder
To do so, edit any of the templates above and select Promotion from the Opt-Out Group menu: