The Social Dashboard gives you one centralized location to manage your integrated social accounts.
To access the Social Dashboard:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Click Social in the navigation panel.
Watch the video
Managing your Social Accounts
To manage your social accounts, click the gear icon at the top right of the What would you like to post? area.
Add an account
If this is the first time you've used the Social Dashboard, you'll likely need to add one or more social accounts. To do so, select the platform from the Add another account menu.
NOTE: To add an account, you must be logged into the chosen platform.
Periodically, accounts will expire and need to be re-provisioned. This is normal, because Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn require you to verify that you're authorized to use the account. When an account needs to be re-provisioned, there will be a red exclamation point by the gear icon, and a Re-provision button displayed next to the account in question in the Manage Social Accounts dialog.
Click this button to re-provision the account.
NOTE: As when adding an account, to re-provision one you must be logged into the applicable platform.
Remove an account
To remove an account, click the X to the right, followed by Yes in the confirmation pop-up.
Posting a message
In the What would you like to post? area, you can create cards that will be shared to your linked social platform(s). The instructions in this area will guide you through selecting an image, adding a description, and choosing the platforms where the card will appear. You also have the option to schedule the post for a future date/time.
To post a message:
- Click into the Post, Title, Description, and URL fields to update them with the desired information. The text you enter in the Post field can be shared with Twitter, Facebook, and/or LinkedIn, and you can even customize it for each channel further into the process. When finished, click Next at the bottom of this area to continue.
TIP: Want to copy a previous message rather than start from scratch? Click the Pre-populate link toward the top right, select a message in the list, and click Copy.
- If you want to post your message to multiple social channels, click the Select Accounts link at the top. In the dialog, select the option that meets your needs: post to all channels or select specific channels. A preview of how your content will look for each channel is provided in the Preview Channels area. Click the icons for each channel to view them.
- Lastly, choose whether to post immediately or schedule your post for a future date/time. Depending on the option you chose, click Post or Schedule to complete the process.
TIP: If you need to make changes to anything you've written or configured, use the < Back and Next > buttons to navigate between steps.
Managing Scheduled Posts
If you schedule one or more posts, a calendar icon appears at the top right of the What would you like to post area (only on the first "page"). Click this icon to view and manage your scheduled posts.
Select a scheduled post to manage it:
- Click Preview to see what it will look like when it posts.
- Click Cancel to remove the post and prevent it from going out.
On the right side of the dashboard is the Feed, which collects and displays posts from your linked accounts. This includes posts made from the dashboard and posts made elsewhere. It will also give you a preview of audience interactions with these posts, such as likes and retweets, and you can even reply directly from the Feed.
At the top of the Feed are three controls (listed below from left to right):
- Click the double arrows icon to refresh the Feed.
- Click the funnel icon to filter the Feed based on social channel (i.e., only show posts from Facebook or Twitter) and/or the types of messages it will display (i.e., only posts, interactions, or both).
- The third is a view menu you can click to switch the Feed to one of three views:
- Top Messages shows the highest rated messages, based on the scoring options you define. To add scoring options, click the pencil icon that appears when you switch to this view.
- Notifications shows the most recent interactions on the selected accounts. This is the default view.
- Influencers shows you which audience members have the highest score, based on the scoring options you define. To add scoring options, click the pencil icon that appears when you switch to this view.
Three reports are available further down the dashboard. Each report is interactive, and can be filtered to highlight specific information or points of interest.
Channel Comparison report
The Channel Comparison report provides an overview of clicks and shares for your posts across Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and allows you to see which channel has the most engagement.
Click the all accounts, all dates, and no link labels links in the text field to apply filters to the data.
Post Details report
The Post Details report provides data for an individual post. Click the funnel icon to filter the data by date.
You can switch to a summary report showcasing data across all posts by selecting All Posts from the menu at the top right.
Followers & Fans by Day report
The Followers & Fans by Day report shows a histogram of engagement across channels. It can be filtered down to specific accounts and date ranges using the links in the text field.