Using a new "from" address sounds simple, right? Just update your templates and mailings with the new address. Well, not quite. — If you're changing the domain part of your email "from" address, "warming" that domain is equally as important as warming your IP address.
Below are some recommendations to consider when changing to a new "from" address on your mailings:
- Make sure the domain in the "from" address has been authenticated to send email through our platform.
- Inform your subscribers that you are switching to a new address. Ask them to add your new email address to their safe senders list to ensure uninterrupted delivery (this may be something to add to your pre-header).
- Consider keeping the same "Friendly From" to maintain consistency throughout the transition. Also, maintaining familiarity with your recipients could help with your deliverability.
- When you are ready to send with the new email address, run a few tests. First, try sending to a few internal contacts to make sure the email is being received in their inboxes. If so, send another email message, but to a small, engaged group to make sure you are getting a good amount of opens. This provides insights about whether a message with the new "from" address is making to the inbox.
- If the tests are successful, you can either begin using the new "from" address for everyone or send to larger groups until all email is transitioned.