When building a campaign, one of the first things you'll do is decide who you're going to enroll in it. While a variety of enrollment options are available to you, this article focuses on how to enroll Contacts from a different campaign. Adding Contacts from one campaign to another campaign (known as "daisy-chaining") can simplify your workflow.
While creating or editing one of the pre-built campaigns:
- In the Select Campaign Members section, select Contacts from another campaign from the dropdown.
- Click the Select campaign link and choose your campaign in the pop-up (only deployed campaigns can be selected).
- Depending on the campaign type, several different options will be available (e.g., reach the goal, fail to reach the goal, select from stage, etc.). Set your criteria as appropriate.
- Set a time frame:
- Only Contacts BEFORE the selected campaign starts,
- only Contacts AFTER the selected campaign starts, or
- Optionally, you can filter the Contacts to only those who perform an action (e.g., opened a message, clicked a link, etc.).
- Finish any remaining campaign-configuration details and save the campaign.
TIP: You can also employ this strategy with Workflow Builder campaigns by clicking the Add Members button in a Branch, selecting Contacts from another campaign, and following the prompts.
Reach the goal
Contacts that reached the goal of the selected campaign will automatically be enrolled in this campaign.
EXAMPLE: You have a Call to Action campaign promoting a webinar. Anyone who reaches the goal (e.g., signs up for the webinar) should automatically be added to a new campaign which sends a new series of messages.
Fail to reach the goal
Contacts who went through the entire campaign, did not reach the goal, and ended up in the “End Stage” will automatically be enrolled in this campaign.
EXAMPLE: You have a Call to Action campaign promoting a webinar. Anyone who receives all of the campaign messages and does not reach the goal (sign up for the webinar), you want to add to a new campaign which sends a link to the recorded version of the webinar.
At end stage with optional filter
Contacts who are at the end stage of a campaign and have not opened any of the campaign messages.
EXAMPLE: You have a welcome campaign that sends out three messages. You want to create a new campaign and enroll only those Contacts who have reached the end of the campaign AND have not opened any of the campaign messages.
Are in a selected stage(s)
Contacts who enter a specific stage of the campaign will automatically be enrolled in the new campaign.
EXAMPLE: You have a Call to Action campaign promoting a webinar that sends three promotional emails. Anyone who has received the second message and has not signed up, you want to add to a new campaign to promote a new webinar.