List Unsubscribe is a supplemental feature that automatically places an unsubscribe link in the header of your account's email messages.
IMPORTANT: This functionality is not a substitute for the Unsubscribe link that you are required to include in your email messages. The in-message Unsubscribe link is required by several international regulations and cannot be omitted.
List Unsubscribe in Communications Enterprise
The List Unsubscribe header link is automatically added, by default, to all new Communications Enterprise accounts (since 2017).
NOTE: Accounts that were created prior to 2017 can create a case to have this functionality enabled.
- You cannot manage this feature for your account; it is managed exclusively by Higher Logic staff.
- To change/update the link properties, create a case.
The images below show the Unsubscribe link in the header of different email clients.
Mobile email client
Web-based email client
Why use List Unsubscribe?
As a sender, deliverability best practices indicate that you send the appropriate type and amount of email messages to your contacts, and that you give them the ability to unsubscribe from content that doesn't interest them.
By placing an Unsubscribe link directly in the header of your email messages, you make it more convenient for contacts to unsubscribe from unwanted content.
As a result:
- Your contacts will be more attentive to the messages that they do want.
- Your contacts will have a better opinion of your organization -- which means fewer complaints.
- Your account will be sending fewer unwanted messages which will improve your sender reputation and decrease the possibility of your messages being filtered out by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) which can negatively impact your overall deliverability.