The From Address is the email address you want displayed to your recipients in the “From” field of an email. This information is mandatory for every message that is sent from the Real Magnet system, so Real Magnet gives you the ability to create custom From Addresses that will be available from a dropdown when your account's users are creating email messages.
The two-fold benefit of these pre-configured return addresses is that your messages will seem to be originating from just a few authorized addresses and users won't have to expose their email addresses.
When enabling Predefined From Addresses for your account, your account's administrative user may determine that only certain users should be allowed to use this functionality.
- If Enterprise is enabled, Predefined From Field can be set as an asset.
To change or edit the From Address:
In the old interface:
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Select Message Tools on the left menu panel.
- Select Predefined ‘From’ Address.
In the new interface:
- Click on the Messages tab.
- Select Send Options on the left menu panel, then click Predefined ‘From’ Address.
There are 3 actions you can perform on this page.
- Create a new From Address.
- Allow users to enter a From Address (Enable Ad-hoc From Address).
- Edit or delete a From Address.
This would also be the same page where you would manage existing From Addresses to either edit or delete them.
Create a new From Address
To create a From Address from this page you’ll want to follow the steps below. From Addresses can be created with or without a vanity, a vanity is simply a more friendly or descriptive appearance of your email address. For example, instead of showing firstname.lastname@example.org a vanity can instead show as "Real Magnet" <email@example.com>.
- Enter a valid email address in the text box.
- Click Go.
Examples of valid email addresses:
- "John Doe"<firstname.lastname@example.org>
Once created, the new email address will appear as an option of From Addresses on the send page.
Allow users to enter a From Address
The Ad-hoc From Address field is a blank text field that gives senders the flexibility to input an email address that does not exist in the drop down menu.
There are 2 options in the Enable Ad-hoc From Address field.
- If you select Yes, a Text field will be added right below the From Address drop down menu on the send page.
- If you select No, only the drop down menu option will be available to for the From Address on the send page.
Edit or delete a From Address
Under Manage From Addresses, you can edit or delete an existing From Address.
To edit a From Address:
- Click the pencil icon next to the From Address you would like to edit.
- On the next page, a text field is populated with the email address; make your edits and click submit.
To delete a From Address:
- Click the red button next to the From Address.
- On the next page, there’s a confirmation to make sure that you really want to delete the selected email address.
- Select submit.