Your account Admins can automatically pre-populate surveys with data that is already in your account. Admins can merge data by mapping fields in the survey to your Contacts-based fields.
NOTE: This works only for your Contacts who initiate the survey by clicking a link in an email message from your account. It does not work for anonymous submissions.
Mapping and merging data into a survey
You can merge data into the “1 Line Text Box” and “Multi-Line Text Box” question types only. From the main question/field creation dialog, select either of these options.
The option to “Associate (map) this field with a field in MagnetMail” appears at the bottom of the dialog with a dropdown list. From the dropdown, select which field the data will be associated with/mapped to.
The dialog refreshes and displays two more options:
- Merge data into form - Select Yes to merge data from your account into the survey. Select No to leave the field blank; the contact's response will be written to your account.
- Update preference - Select Automatic to have the contact's response overwrite a previous response for the same question; select After Review ensure that the contact's response is reviewed before it overwrites a previous response for the same question.
Click Add at the bottom of the dialog to preserve the field mapping.
Filter, review, and update changes
There are two options regarding how data is updated: automatically (upon submission by contacts) and after review.
Review respondent data
For admins who choose to review changes, the review and update process can be performed on individual contacts and/or entire lists. Filtering options make it easy to identify the contacts who have modified their data.
Admins can generate lists of contacts who changed any data, or contacts who changed data associated with a specific field or fields.
- In the Track a Message page, click the Track Surveys link in the left navigation bar.
- Select the survey you want to track.
- Click the filter icon in the upper right.
- Choose By modified data.
Review and update lists
This option allows admins to update a single field or fields for an entire list.
After a list is generated, an Update Data link appears at the top and bottom of the list. To update the data:
- Click the Update Data link.
- Select the check box in the Update column to the right of the field or fields to be updated.
- Click the Update Data link and those fields with marked check boxes will be updated in the contacts' records.
Review and update individual records
To review and update an individual record:
- Create a list either by using a filter or clicking the Details link in the upper right corner. This generates a list of all contacts.
- Click the Details button at the end of the row for the appropriate contact. The individual record appears.
- The right column, Data in Real Magnet Record, contains the values that currently exist.
- The left column, Data Submitted from Form, contains the values submitted by the contact.
- If the contact's responses are not "updates," the values in the two columns will match.
- If the contact's responses contain changes, the word “changed” appears to the right of the field name and a check box—selected by default—displays at the far right.
- Click Update Data and all items containing a selected check box will be updated.