In this article, we'll walk you through the multi-step process of creating an event. Follow the steps below to create an event and the subsequent event form.
Step 1 - Create Event
- Navigate to Events > Create > Event.
- Enter an appropriate descriptive name for the event.
- Click the Folder menu and then select a folder.
- Enter a maximum number of attendees. If there is no maximum, leave zero.
- If applicable, check the Use Waiting List? option.
- Scroll down to the Event-Related Dates section.
- Navigate to the Date/Time of Event column and select the date and time information for your event.
- If applicable, set a Last Date to Accept Registrations option.
- If using an Early Bird discount, check the box and set the date and time.
- If using Late Registration costs, check the box and set the date and time late.
- Scroll down to the Cost Information section.
- Select the appropriate option from the Money Required menu.
- Select the appropriate Payment Type for your event.
- Enter the Base Cost for your event.
- If using an early bird discount, enter the Early Bird Base Cost.
- If using a late registration fee, enter a Late Reg. Base Cost.
- Finally, scroll down to the Event Email Notifications section.
- If you wish to be notified about registration for your event, enter an email address to receive notifications.
- Check the specific mailing notifications that you would like to receive.
- Event Activated? - When you are ready for the event to go live, activate it here.
- Form Branding - This is also where you apply the form branding, or look, of the event from the form branding that’s been set up in your account (this can be found under Subscribers > Forms > Form Branding).
- Multiple Registrants - If you’d like more than one registrant to be allowed per registration form, it is set here.
- Additional design elements and information are applied in the editor box. INFORMZ CONTENT HERE language cannot be removed and should be placed where ever you’d like the form itself to appear.
- The last two sections of the Modify page allow you to customize the messages registrants see at the start of the registration process or after they are registered.
- Once complete scroll to the bottom and click Update.
Step 2 - Build the Event Form
Now that the event has been created you’ll be brought to the main event page. This is where you’ll see the list of events already created in your folder and are able to edit an existing event.
- To create the form the registrant needs to complete, hover over the icon to the left of your event name and select Event Info > Form Setup.
- Add Personal Info - Add personal info fields that have been set up in your account such as first name, last name, company, title, city, etc.
- Add Demographic - Add demographic fields that have been set up in your account such as state.
- Add Custom Option - This allows you to create a multiple choice question, a free form text input location, checkbox, static text or ask non-subscribers to sign up to receive your mailings.
- Once your form is created, see how it will render with your branding. Once again hover over the icon to the left of the Informz name, Event Info > Preview Form. A window opens showing a preview.
Onto The Next Step!
Scroll down the page to continue to modify or customize your event.
Create Event Mailings
The best way to spread the word about an event is through a mailing. Not only are you able to easily reach your audience, you can also monitor the status of your event and its registrants.
Navigate to Modules > Events > View > Events.
Hover over the icon to the left of the event and select Create Mailing. Once created, the name will appear in the main event page under the event name.
To edit a mailing, hover over the Mailing icon and select Content > Modify Content.
Create a Confirmation Email and Registrant Information
The Confirmation Mailing is one of the more popular mailings to send when marketing an event. These mailings are more effective when they include personalization about the registrant and the event details.
Once your invitation mailing is created, registrants will receive it, along with their registration information, when they fill out the event registration.
- Hover over the Event and select Create Mailing > Event Confirmation.
- To include a registrant's event information, click the Insert Content Code tool.
- Select the Event tags you wish to include in this mailing.
- Click the menu to select the event associated with this mailing.
- The event registration content codes are now added to the body of the mailing.
- Click Save Changes or Update.
- The final step is to schedule the mailing. Hover over the mailing and navigate to Publish > Schedule/Options.
- Select Send and enter the amount of time to wait before the mailings is sent after registration.
- Next Navigate to Publish > Send Now. This step acts like the final activation to be able to send a confirmation 10 minutes after registration (as in this example above.)
Modify a Registrant
In just a few steps, you can modify a registrant for an event based on their email address.
- Navigate to Events > View > Events.
- Hover over an Event and select Event Reports > Manage Registrants.
- Select a sorting option. Email address is the default. Check Group By Primary if desired.
- Click modify on the registrant to be edited.
- If your goal is to remove someone as an attendee, click Un-Register.