Bookmarks allow readers to navigate or "jump" from one part of a message to another with the click of a button. This is especially helpful if your message contains a lot of content or specific content sections, like in a digest or newsletter.
For example, the message below uses a sidebar with bookmark hyperlinks.
Add a Bookmark in Message Designer 2
- Open a message in MD2. Then, add or edit a story.
- In the Properties panel, give it a name. After doing so, Higher Logic Informz automatically adds a corresponding bookmark for that story.
- Repeat this for all stories you'd like to bookmark in your message.
- In the desired location of your message (generally at the top of a message or the side of a two-column section), enter the text for your bookmarks.
- Highlight the text for one of your bookmarks and then click the Insert/Edit Hyperlink button in the editor toolbar.
- Click the hyperlink dropdown and select Bookmark.
- You can then select one of your bookmarks in the resulting dropdown (this menu lists all stories that have been given a name).
- Click Insert Hyperlink.
- Repeat steps 4–7 for any remaining bookmarks.