Your organization's branding is an important part of its identity. Template Designer 2 allows you to lock your templates before they're used in a message, ensuring your branding remains persevered throughout the message-creation process. Not only this, but by setting styles and story types up front, you'll save the people creating your messages a lot of time: They won't need to wrestle with design decisions and can focus on creating content that is sure to captivate your subscribers.
- Navigate to Message Designer 2 > Templates and either open an existing template or create a new one.
- Navigate to the Design tab > Theme sub-tab.
- Check the Prevent style edits in message box.
What does this do?
Locking a template limits the text properties editor in Message Designer 2 by removing the following options:
- Modify text color
- Text size
- Font family
Lock Message Content Areas
Like styles, you can also lock/restrict Message Content areas, limiting layout and content changes of messages using this template by you and other users.
To control a Message Content block's properties, first select it in the editor.
Then, in the left-hand properties panel, you can control several options.
- Maximum Number of Stories - Click the dropdown list to select a maximum number of stories for your message content layout. By default, this is unlimited, but can be restricted to a number (1—9), if necessary.
- Maximum Number of Columns - Click the dropdown list to select the maximum number of columns (1—5) that you can add to the message content layout in the Message Designer when adding stories.
Additionally, in the Message Content section, you can set your message content area to use specific story types. In your template, click the desired story type(s) before you save. Your allowed story types are highlighted in green. Any story types that are not selected cannot be added to the corresponding message content area when creating a message.