Sections help you define the structure of your template. Similar to a table structure, sections help define the overall format of your message. You can drag and drop all layouts (including Message Content areas) into sections.
From the Design > Build tab, expand the Structure category and drag and drop the Section block onto the canvas.
There are two tabs that let you define section properties: Columns and Style.
Use the Columns tab to divide your section. You can select up to five columns, and set their proportions using the Column Dimensions slider.
Check the Stack Columns in Mobile Version box to let your columns render differently in the mobile version of you message. When checked, any columns you have orient vertically.
- Use Default Background - If checked, your section uses the background color set in the Theme menu. If unchecked, you can use the color picker to select a unique color for the layout’s background.
- Border - If checked, your section applies a border with several possible settings.
- Border Style - Click the drop-down to select a solid, dashed, or dotted border.
- Border Size - Click the drop-down to set the border size in pixels (1-10).
- Border Color - Click to use the color picker to select a unique color for the layout’s border.
- Apply Border To - Check the corresponding checkbox for each side (top, bottom, left, and right) that uses the border.
- Banner - Check to extend your section to the edges of the message body.
- Padding - Click the drop-down list to set the padding around your section (0-30 pixels).
- Apply Padding To - Check the corresponding checkbox for each side (top, bottom, left, and right) that applies padding.
- Banded Background - Click the icon that represents your desired “banding” effect.
- Select Default to keep your layout within the message body.
- Select Banded to extend your layout to the edges of the page.
- Vertical Align - Click the drop-down list to set a vertical alignment option (top, middle, or bottom).
Unlike other layouts, you can nest sections within one another. To do so, simply drag one section into an already placed section. By nesting sections in this way, you can create sophisticated designs and take advantage of great flexibility.
To delete a section, click to select it on the canvas and then click the delete (trashcan) icon located at the top right.
NOTE: When you delete a section, you’ll also delete all layouts/content that are nested within it.