Send to Friend links provide two benefits, one for the subscriber and one for your organization:
- They allow your subscribers to forward your message without losing or compromising the original rendering of the mailing.
- They enable you to also capture the email address that the subscriber forwards to.
Add the Link to a Template
- Navigate to Mailings > Templates and either create or edit a template.
- Highlight the text or image that you would like to link to a Send to Friend form.
- Click the Insert Hyperlink toolbar button.
- Select Send to Friend Link in the Hyperlink Type menu.
- Click the Insert Hyperlink button to insert the link.
Add the Link to a Mailing
You may also choose to add your Send to Friend link in the actual mailing, rather than in your template. If this is your preference, you must put the following code in your template where you want the “message from a friend” to be placed: %%SAF_MESSAGE%%
Where %%SAF_MESSAGE%% is located in the template is where the default note, or the note that the sender writes to his/her friend, appears.
NOTE: Wherever you decide to add the link, don’t forget to also update the text version of your mailing.
For templates, hover over your template name and select Text. Then, click Recreate Text Template.
Enable Send to Friend in a Template
- Navigate to Mailings >Templates > View.
- For the template you want to apply the feature to, hover over the icon to the left of the template name, and select Properties.
- Check the Use Send-to-Friend box. Additional properties expand.
- Complete the Landing Page and Message to Friend fields and specify the message font.
With Send to Friend enabled in your template, you'll never have to remember whether to enable this feature or not - it will always be there for you.
NOTE: Send to Friend Links are disabled in the online version of your mailing.
Check out the Mailing Activity Report
Make sure to monitor the use of Send to Friend by your subscribers by using the Send to Friend sub-report within the Mailing Activity Report.