Higher Logic sites can have advertising campaigns (called "ads") in several strategic locations across their communities. Where the ads display is based on the type of ad: Discussion Ad or Website Ad.
These ads appear on the Discussions thread pages and in discussions' associated (subscription and digest) email messages. There are two sub-types of Discussion Ads.
- Banner ads are singular and display only at the top of the Discussion thread.
- Post ads display next to each post in a Discussion thread (e.g., if there are six posts, the ad displays six times) and at the bottom of discussions-related email messages.
Discussion Ads are managed by Super Admins in the Community > Discussions > Discussion Ads area of the Admin interface.
To learn more, see Discussion Ads.
These ads appear on the web pages of your community (and microsites, if that module is licensed). There are two sub-types of Website Ads.
- Site Ads are unique to and display on only the site they're added to.
- Cross-site Ads display on your main community site and all microsites.
NOTE: Cross-site ads are available only if your organization licenses the Microsites module.
Website Ads are managed by Super Admins and Site Admins on the Ads page of the Site Admin interface.
To learn more, see Website Ads.
Watch the video
As you might expect, ad images have maximum sizes based on where the ad displays. The following table lists the recommended maximum dimensions of ad images, based on type and location.
|Ad Type / Location||Recommended Maximum Dimensions (in pixels)|
|Banner||728w x 90h|
|Post||200w x 200h|
|HomeTop||964w x 125h|
|HomeRight||160w x 1000h|
|HomeBottom||962w x 125h|
|InteriorTop||640w x 125h|
|InteriorRight||160w x 1000h|
|InteriorBottom||962w x 125h|
|HomeTopOfPage||962w x 125h|
|InteriorTopOfPage||962w x 125h|
|HomeWideRight||300w x 250h|
|InteriorWideRight||300w x 250h|
|InteriorCrossSiteWideRight||300w x 250h|
If your Higher Logic site is associated with a third-party integrated database, some advertising activities in your Community can be written to that database during the standard activity-sync process.
- Navigate to Settings > External Content > Activity Sync in the Admin interface in order to manage writeback activities on the Subscriptions tab.
To learn about the activity-sync process, see Member Activity Sync.