Automation Rules are a versatile tool that can be configured to trigger just about any action you need. In many ways, they work as "virtual community assistants" that allow you to automate tedious and time-consuming actions that likely need to be performed across your site on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis. Ultimately, they enable Community Managers to spend their time and energy focusing on their most important responsibility: Increasing member engagement.
Tasks that can be automated
- Sending targeted emails to various groups of users across your community site, based on a set of criteria you choose
- Giving Ribbons to users
- Adding users to Higher Logic-managed communities
- Adding Higher Logic-managed Demographics to user profiles
- Adding users to Higher Logic-managed Security Groups
How to access the automation rule pages
You can access the Automation Rule interface in the Automation Rules section of the Admin interface.
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Hover over Automation Rules in the Tools menu.