NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
NOTE: These tools are primarily meant for clients who are not integrated with an AMS; integrated clients will generally want to manage their companies in that system.
As a Super Admin, you can use the Manage Companies tool to:
- create and disable company accounts,
- add new users to a company,
- move existing users to a different company,
- assign one or more Security Groups to a company, which will automatically filter to all associated users,
- and more.
How to access the Manage Companies tool
- Click Admin (gear icon) in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Manage Companies from the Users menu.
Create a new company account
NOTE: You should only create companies this way if specifically directed to do so by Higher Logic staff, and as dictated by your site's implementation directions. For example, if your organization's members/companies are managed in an AMS, you'd likely want to add new users/companies in that system, not independently to your Higher Logic Online Community.
Click Add Company to create a new Higher Logic company account by entering the company's name, email address, address information, and website URL. You can also associate one or more Security Groups to the company, which will automatically be inherited by each user belonging to that company.
You can also click the drop-down menu to access two export company options: Export Companies from Filtered Results and Export All Companies. Both options allows you to export either to a .csv or .xlsx (Excel workbook) format.
Search and filter companies
This area provides various filters you can apply to make it easier to find specific companies. Filters include Account Status (enabled, disabled, approval pending) and the menu to the right to view users by Most/Least Recent and Company A–Z / Z–A. Lastly, you can click the magnifying glass button to expand a search field, allowing you to find specific companies that way.
Each company has an associated Actions menu, allowing you to:
- Add a new user directly to the company, filling out the same user information you would using the Manage Users tool.
- Move one or more existing users from another company to this company. To do so, simply begin typing the user's name or email address and select them from the automatically populated list. You can repeat this to add multiple users. After selecting the desired user(s), click the Add Selected Users button to move them to this company. Remove selected users by clicking the X beside a user's name.
- Move ALL users from another company to this company. This is a great tool for handling changes in the structure of your organization's companies (e.g., company acquisitions, mergers, etc.).
- Disable this company's record, meaning its associated users cannot log in until this record is reactivated by a Super Admin. Keep in mind that Super Admins can disable company accounts in a Higher Logic-managed community without affecting their status in your database (if applicable). If a company is disabled, this option becomes Enable Company.
Bulk company actions
By checking the boxes to the left of multiple companies, you'll select them and enable the bulk actions menu (see image below). This enables you to quickly enable and disable multiple company records at once.