NOTE: This article is for customers with the New Admin Experience interface (vertical left-navigation bar).
If your interface is different, view the "classic" version of this article.
Make your surveys more engaging and relevant by sharing their results with participants, website visitors, and other interested groups. The Real Time Results feature automatically generates a web page that displays survey results in an easy to digest graphical presentation. Share your results by sending a link via email, posting it on your website home page, and/or including them on the survey Confirmation page.
What types of questions can have Real Time Results?
Real Time Results are available only for question types that have pre-defined answer choices:
- Drop down list (multiple choice – single answer)
- Check boxes (multiple choice – multiple answers)
- Radio buttons (multiple choice – single answer)
- Multiple select box (multiple choice – multiple answers)
Enable Real Time Results
- On the Create/Edit Survey Content page (and a few other survey pages), select Survey Properties from the More menu at the upper right.
- On the resulting page, expand the Define Other Properties category and set the Include Real Time Results? option to Yes. Then, click Go to save the change.
After this feature is enabled, you’re given the option to Include Template on Real Time Results Page.
- If you’re using a template and are adding the Real Time Results to your Confirmation page, no template is needed as long as your template also applies to the Confirmation page.
- If the Real Time Results page is a standalone page (e.g., you’re providing a link in an email or posting it on your website), you can associate the page with a template by setting this option to Yes.
Enabling this feature doesn't automatically mean all answers submitted are tracked and displayed in Real Time Results. Rather, it's enabled on a question by question basis as you're creating a survey, and it's only available for the question types listed at the beginning of this article.
EXAMPLE: If you add the Drop down list question type, you'll notice the Display Real Time Results? option appears. Set this to Yes to track this question in Real Time Results. When enabled, you'll also notice additional options display allowing you to choose the Graph Type (you can choose a pie chart, vertical bar chart, or horizontal bar chart) and set Graph Width/Height (in pixels). Make your selections and click the Add button.
Customize the Real Time Results page
On the Create/Edit Survey Content page (and a few other survey pages), select Real Time Results from the More menu at the upper right.
You'll use a standard WYSIWYG editor to customize the page, enabling you to apply the look and feel of the rest of your survey to the Real Time Results page.
- At the top of the page, you can customize the page's header; at the bottom, you can update the footer.
- In the middle of the page (Specify Graph Alignment section), you can control the alignment of the graphs and charts (left, middle, or right).
Get the link for the Real Time Results page
On the Create/Edit Survey Content page (and a few other survey pages), select Real Time Results Link from the More menu at the upper right.
In the resulting pop-up, you can copy the link and use where needed.
Include real time results on the Confirmation page
When editing the Confirmation page, click the Real Time Results  button in the WYSIWYG editor and an image placeholder will be inserted at the location where you want to display the results. See Confirmation Page to learn more.
Change the default colors for the graphs/charts
When configuring the answers to your answers, the color that will represent the data for each answer is shown in the Color column. To modify the color, click the color square and select a new one in the pop-up.