NOTE: This article is for customers with the New Admin Experience interface (vertical left-navigation bar).
If your interface is different, view the "classic" version of this article.
In Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise), there are three categories of campaigns, each of which has a distinct purpose.
- Use Campaigns to create a variety of messages, such as membership-renewal reminders, welcome messages, and birthday greetings. See Manage and Create Campaigns.
- Engagement Campaigns are designed to help you identify which recipients have not recently interacted meaningfully with your organization. See Create & Manage Engagement Campaigns.
- Landing Page Campaigns are online forms on dedicated web pages (they have unique URLs) that are part of a marketing campaign. See Create & Manage Landing Page Campaigns.
Campaign builder options
When creating a campaign in Thrive Marketing Enterprise, you can use either Workflow Builder or a pre-built campaign.
- Workflow Builder is a more complex tool (intended for advanced users only) that is designed for creating a completely customized campaign from the ground up. See Workflow Builder.
- Pre-built campaigns make creating a campaign much quicker, and they remove a lot of the guess-work. These are recommended for those new to Thrive Marketing Enterprise, and are designed to meet the needs of most customers.
TIP: Even though pre-built campaigns have much of the campaign process and steps preset for you, it's a good idea to understand the individual elements that comprise a campaign. A breakdown of each campaign element is provided on the Workflow Builder page.
When you start creating a campaign, you'll have to first select the industry your organization belongs to.
Then, you'll select from a list of campaign types, which then displays its associated campaigns below.
The Campaign Types are described in the articles linked below. The article titles are the industry selections.
|Campaign Types - Associations||Campaign Types - Publishers|
|Campaign Types - Hospitality||Campaign Types - Retail|
|Campaign Types - Higher Ed||Campaign Types - Financial Services|
|Campaign Types - Services|
- Campaigns are not limited to being associated with only one industry or one campaign type; some campaigns are available with a variety of combinations.
- The campaign type is selectable only when you are creating the campaign; you cannot change the campaign's type after the campaign has been created.
A description is provided for each campaign.
- If a campaign type has sub-types, click What is the difference between these campaigns? in the Intro area to see information about the differences.
- You can also click the Additional Information & Campaign Samples link for more details, setup information, ideas, and sample tracking information.