NOTE: This article is for customers with the New Admin Experience interface (vertical left-navigation bar).
If your interface is different, view the "classic" version of this article.
Choosing a Campaign
You have several options when choosing a campaign. Each type has a distinct purpose.
Use Campaigns to create a variety of messages, such as membership-renewal reminders, welcome messages, and birthday greetings.
- Create & Edit Campaigns provides instructions for setting up, reviewing, and deploying Campaigns.
- Manage Your Campaigns describes the campaign-management options on the Campaigns list page.
Engagement Campaigns are designed to help you identify which recipients have not recently interacted meaningfully with your organization.
- Create & Edit Engagement Campaigns provides instructions for setting up, reviewing, and deploying Engagement Campaigns.
- Manage Your Engagement Campaigns describes the campaign-management options on the Engagement list page.
Landing Page Campaigns
Landing Page Campaigns are online forms on dedicated web pages (they have unique URLs) that are part of a marketing campaign.
- Create & Edit Landing Page Campaigns provides instructions for setting up, reviewing, and deploying Landing Page Campaigns.
- Manage Your Landing Page Campaigns describes the campaign-management options on the Landing Pages list page.
Campaign builder options
When creating a campaign, you can use either Workflow Builder or a pre-built campaign.
- Workflow Builder is a more complex tool (intended for advanced users only) that is designed for creating a completely customized campaign from the ground up. See Workflow Builder.
- Pre-built campaigns make creating a campaign much quicker, and they remove a lot of the guess-work. These are recommended for new users, and are designed to meet the needs of most customers.
TIP: Even though pre-built campaigns have much of the campaign process and steps preset for you, it's a good idea to understand the individual elements that comprise a campaign. A breakdown of each campaign element is provided on the Workflow Builder page.
When you start creating a campaign, you'll have to first select the industry your organization belongs to.
Then, you'll select from a list of campaign types, which then displays its associated campaigns below.
The Campaign Types are described in the articles linked below. The article titles are the industry selections.
|Campaign Types - Associations||Campaign Types - Publishers|
|Campaign Types - Hospitality||Campaign Types - Retail|
|Campaign Types - Higher Ed||Campaign Types - Financial Services|
|Campaign Types - Services|
- Campaigns are not limited to being associated with only one industry or one campaign type; some campaigns are available with a variety of combinations.
- The campaign type is selectable only when you are creating the campaign; you cannot change the campaign's type after the campaign has been created.
A description is provided for each campaign.
- If a campaign type has sub-types, click What is the difference between these campaigns? in the Intro area to see information about the differences.
- You can also click the Additional Information & Campaign Samples link for more details, setup information, ideas, and sample tracking information.