Landing Page Templates are a great way to apply customized styles and formatting (such as your organization's color scheme and font) to landing pages to ensure a consistent appearance across all your landing page campaigns. Each landing page campaign can then be customized for its specific purpose while maintaining that consistent appearance.
TIP: Learn more about Landing Page Campaigns.
To manage landing page templates:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Click Landing Pages > Landing Page Templates.
TIP: On list pages, click a column header to sort on that column. Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.
The Landing Page Templates list page displays your organization's landing page templates by name, numerically and alphabetically.
NOTE: All landing page template names that start with a number will be listed before those names that start with a letter. For example, 2019 Renewal and 2020 Welcome would appear earlier in the list than Renewal 2019 and Welcome 2020. Keep this in mind when creating/naming your landing page templates.
Locate Landing Page Templates
There are a few features that you can use to more quickly locate landing page templates.
- Use the column headers (click to sort on) if you know who created, modified, or published the landing page template or one of the date columns if you know that there was recent activity; this will re-order the list based on your selection. Click the same column header again to reverse the order.
NOTE: The Landing Pages column (not shown) indicates how many (if any) landing page campaigns are built on each template.
- Use the Search feature if you know the name of the landing page template and to find landing page templates with similar names. The search also queries the Description, Status, and Created By fields.
NOTE: The search field is not case-sensitive; "M" and "m" will yield the same results.
Getting in the habit of using these features will simplify locating your landing page templates so you can get to the business of managing them.
Manage Landing Page Templates
There are several action buttons above the list that you can use to manage your landing page templates.
To activate the buttons, you have to select a landing page template, and then you can:
- Edit the layout and design of the landing page template in the Designer. See Message Editor Overview and Zones for more detailed design instructions.
- Create a copy of it by clicking Save as and giving the copy a unique name and description.
- Publish it so that it is available as the basis for new landing page campaigns.
- Rename it and, optionally, update its description.
- Revert it to its last published version.
- Remove it by clicking Delete.
Notes on published templates
Your organization's published landing page templates will be accessible from the:
- Landing Pages Templates list page
- Select Landing Page Form Template page when:
- Create New is clicked on the Setup page of a new landing page
- Edit is clicked on the Setup page of a landing page that does not already have a template associated with it
NOTE: If you modify and republish a template, landing pages that were built on the prior version will not be affected; only new landing pages, built on the modified template, will reflect the changes.
Create a Landing Page Template
The bulk of creating landing page templates is done on the Editing Landing Page Template page.
To create a landing page template:
- On the Landing Page Templates list page, enter a name in the New Template Name field at the top and click Go.
NOTE: Landing page template names can contain and can start with a number. Those that start with a number will be listed before those that start with a letter. For example, 2019 Renewal and 2020 Welcome would appear earlier in the list than Renewal 2019 and Welcome 2020.
- You should also provide a Description so that the template's purpose is easily identified, especially if you have multiple users creating multiple templates.
- Optionally, you can lock the theme so that only authorized users can change the colors that you have selected and the color that you have designated as the background.
- Create the layout and design of the landing page template in the Designer. See Message Editor Overview and Zones for more detailed design instructions.