You can brand your events with a template. Using an event template makes the most sense when you’re including a link to the event in your outbound email, as opposed to embedding the event in the body of the message. And just like emails and event registration templates, you can set up multiple templates for different initiatives, divisions, or audience segments.
When creating an event, you'll be presented with the Templates page. Here, you'll need to decide whether to use a template, and if so, whether to use an existing template or create one. Click Select to use a template or Preview to view it in a pop-up without navigating away from the page.
Create a template
To create a template:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Events > List.
- Enter a name in the Create New Event field and click Go. If there's more than one folder, select which folder to add the event to, and then click Go.
- Select Create/Edit Event Template from the More menu at the upper right.
- Enter a name in the Create New Template field and click the Go.
- Next, select one of four predefined templates shells (OR choose the empty shell if you're an advanced user who wants complete control):
- Header, left column, main body
- Header, left margin, main body, footer
- Header, right margin, main body, footer
- Header, main body, footer
Design your template
After you've selected a predefined shell, it will appear at the top of the subsequent page, along with several pre-defined styles you can configure (similar to using CSS) for the entire template on the bottom half of the page.
NOTE: If you change any of these pre-defined styles, be sure to click Go at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Edit the sections
At the top of the page, each of your shell's sections include an Edit link; click these links to add text/content to these sections and configure their design attributes.
On the subsequent page, you can add text/content to a section either via the WYSIWYG editor or by copying/pasting HTML code. To edit the section's style attributes, select Edit Section Style from the More menu.
Your template will appear as an option in the template selection list on the main Templates page.