Event reports provide information useful for managing and understanding important event details, such as tracking event items, registrations, and payments. To access these reports:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Events > Reports.
The resulting page lists all of your events, along with a Search field to make it easy to find them. Use the four tabs at the top to access several reports and tracking features.
Track an Event
The Track an Event tab is selected by default. To run a report, first select an event in the list and click Track.
On the resulting page, select the desired report from the Select Report menu and click Go. Nearly two dozen reports are available, organized as follows in the categories below.
Overall Event Reports
- Overall Event Tracking
- Event Items Tracking
- Registrant List
- Registrant Details
- Registration Summary by Individual Paid Item
- Cancelled Items by registrant
- Registration submission date report
- Edit Registrant Submission
- Multiple Registration Details
- Event Back-end Registration
- Modified Email Address Signups
- Balance Due
- Credit Applied
- Apply Credit
- Payment Applied
- Reduce Payment for Credit Card Payments
Event Message Tracking
- Confirmation/Reminder Tracking
- Access Event Web Link
- Overall Conversion Report
- Conversion by Message
Filter report data
Most reports can be filtered to make it easier to view the data you need. After running a report, click the Filter icon at the upper right to display a dialog where you can choose By Date or Advanced.
- Use By Date to filter the report data using one of several default options, like Today, This Week, This Month, etc., OR by entering your own custom date range for more granular control (use the date format: mm/dd/yyyy).
- Use Advanced to filter on any field (or combination of fields) associated to the event. In addition, you can also filter on data stored in the registrant’s Higher Logic Real Magnet record. To do so, click the Show MagnetMail Fields button to expand these additional fields. Check the boxes for fields to filter on and click Go.
Add contacts from a report to a Group
Reports provide a lot of information useful for managing and understanding important event details, such as tracking event items, registrations, and payments. While inherently useful for management tasks, you can also run reports to easily target specific contacts with follow-up messaging by adding them to a Group (e.g., this is an easy way to send a message to contacts who have outstanding payments due).
After running a report, click the Add to Group icon at the upper right.
On the resulting page, you can add the associated contacts to a new Group or an existing Group:
- To add them to a new Group, enter a name in the field at the top and click Go.
- To add them to an existing Group, simply select the Group in the list and click Add to Group.
Comparative event tracking
Comparative event tracking allows you to see overall event tracking data across ALL of your events.
The report shows:
- Event Name
- Event Date
To run comparative tracking:
- Click the Comparative Tracking tab.
- On the left, select the reports to compare and click the >> button to move them to the Selected Event(s) area on the right.
- Click Go to view comparative details for all selected events. The following details are provided: Event Name, Event Date, Registrants, and Revenue.
NOTE: On the resulting page, you can also click the Export icon to export the data to a CSV file.
Comparative financial reports
You can run two comparative financial reports:
- Balance Due shows the total balance due across all of your events. It graphically displays the total amount collected and the total balance due (with breakdowns of which events have balances due and the amounts).
- Credit Applied shows all credits that have been applied for all of your events. It graphically displays the total amount collected and the total credit applied (with breakdowns of which events have received credits and the amounts).
To run these reports:
- Click the Financial Reports tab.
- Select a report from the available menu, and then click Show Results.
Export report data
Most reports allow you to export their data to a CSV file. After running a report, click the Export icon at the upper right. A notification informs you the report is bring generated (this will take a few moments). Once finished, click Get File to download the CSV file to your computer or device.
NOTE: For some reports, you'll be asked whether you want to add Magnetmail fields to the export data, along with the format to present the data (you can choose one of two simple formatting options). If you choose to include Magnetmail fields, you'll have an opportunity to add the ones you want to include.
You don't have to wait for the report-generation process to complete to download a report; if needed, you can navigate away from the page to continue other work, and even run additional reports simultaneously.
You can check the status of your reports, and view all completed reports, from a single page: the Upload & Export Job Status page. To access it, navigate to Settings > Reports, and then click Upload & Export Job Status.
On the resulting page, expand the Event Reports section to view a history of all your event reports, along with their status. You can download completed reports at any time via their Get File links.
Export multiple event reports
Need to export more than one event report at once?
- Click the Export Multiple Events tab.
- On the left, select the reports to export and click the >> button to move them to the Event(s) to Export area on the right.
- Click Go to configure a few more options and ultimately generate the reports.
NOTE: You don't have to wait for the report-generation process to complete to download a report; if needed, you can navigate away from the page to continue other work.
You can check the status of your reports, and view all completed reports, from a single page: the Upload & Export Job Status page. Refer to the Export report data section above to learn how to access this page.