You likely already know you can manage all of a user's Discussion subscriptions from their profile after impersonating them.
But did you know you can quickly manage any user's Discussion subscriptions right from the Admin Interface, without needing to impersonate them? If you need to manage many user's subscriptions, this tool will save you a lot of time.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Determine what Discussions someone is subscribed to.
- Adjust these subscriptions on their behalf without needing to impersonate them.
Common use cases
While users are free to update their Discussion subscriptions at any time from their profiles, some users may not know how and will request help doing so.
Here are two common reasons why you'll need to adjust a user's Discussion subscriptions:
- A user reports they're receiving too many emails. In this case, switch them to Daily/Weekly Digests instead of Real Time emails.
- A user reports they're not receiving email notifications from one of their community Discussions. In this case, adjust their subscription from No Email to Real Time emails or one of the Digest options.
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Users > Community Subscriptions.
NOTE: Changes made here are reflected on the My Account > Community Notifications page of the user's profile.
To manage a user's Discussion subscriptions:
- Search for a user using their primary email address (or CRM/AMS ID if the user is managed in a CRM/AMS).
NOTE: Enter email addresses in their entirety; partial addresses are not accepted.
- In the resulting interface, you can (reference the letters to the image below):
- If Consolidated Digests are enabled on your site, you can change the email address where the user's Consolidated Daily and Weekly digest emails are delivered.
NOTE: You'll only be able to enter overrides if the user has at least one community added to these digests. This is managed at the bottom of the page by checking the boxes.
- Change the day their Consolidated Weekly digest is delivered.
- Set override email addresses for each of the communities the user belongs to, meaning its Discussion emails will be delivered to an address other than their primary.
- This toggle controls whether the delivery of a Discussion's emails automatically stops if a user adds it to a Consolidated Daily or Weekly digest. Setting this to Yes is typically recommended to prevent users from receiving multiple emails containing the same content.
- At the bottom of the page, each community a user belongs to is listed. You can: (1) manage the delivery setting for each community Discussion (Real Time, Daily Digest, Plain Text, No Email) and (2) add community Discussion notifications to a Daily or Weekly digest.