NOTE: This article is for customers with the New Admin Experience interface (vertical left-navigation bar).
If your interface is different, view the "classic" version of this article.
The Message Library feature allows users to publish messages to a page that lists all published messages. Contacts can be directed to the Message Library page from within email messages or perhaps hosted from a client's website.
Enabling & Permissions
Message Library is an optional feature that is not enabled by default. To have it enabled in your account, create a case.
When the feature is enabled, it will be available to all users. Admin users can limit access to it by using the Message Library permission in the Email section of Settings > Users > [select_user] > Permissions.
Manage your Message Library
To manage messages in your library:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > Assets > Message Library.
On this page, you can publish and unpublish Message Library messages.
TIP: Messages that are sent to groups can be also published to the Message Library at send time. To learn more, refer to Publish a message on send, below.
NOTE: There is no limit to the number of messages you can store in the Message Library.
The upper portion of the page lists the URL of your account's Message Library. You can copy the URL and paste it into the browser address bar to access the Message Library. Use the options in the Publish/Remove Messages section to manage the messages in your Message Library.
Publish messages to the Message Library
- Click the blue select message... option.
- Choose a message from the selection dialog list and click Select. The message name displays as a blue link. (Click the name to choose a different message.)
- Optionally, click into the date field to select (or specify; note the format, MM/DD/YYYY) a publish date for the message. If a date is not specified, <today's date> will be applied.
- Optionally, click into the name field to give the message an alternate name.
- Click Save to publish the message to the Message Library. Close the confirmation message.
- Go to the Message Library and confirm the addition.
To simultaneously publish multiple messages:
- Click + add another message.
- Repeat the above steps.
- Click Save.
If you've added a message but have not yet published it, you can:
- Click the X to remove that message or
- Click the message name and choose a different message from the selection dialog list.
Unpublish messages from the Message Library
- Click the blue select message(s)... option.
- Choose a message (or messages) from the selection dialog list and click Select. The message names display as a blue links. (Click a name to re-open the dialog to change your selections.)
- Click Save to unpublish the messages from the Message Library. Close the confirmation message.
- Go to the Message Library and confirm the deletion.
Publish a message on send
If you are sending a message to a group, you can opt to publish the message to the Message Library at send time.
- Navigate to Messages > List.
- Choose a message and click Send > To a group.
- On the setup page, check the box for Publish to message library under Additional Options.
- Optionally, specify a name for the message.
- Optionally, select (or specify; note the format, MM/DD/YYYY) a publish date for the message. If a date is not specified, <today's date> will be applied.
The Message Library page
You can access the Message Library page only by copying the URL that's listed at the top of the Manage Message Library page (under Message Library Page URL:) and pasting it into a browser.
The Message Library page lists your account's published messages.
NOTE: The Message Library page is configured and managed by Higher Logic. If you want to change the layout of the page, create a case.
The date that displays next to the message name is what was specified in the "with the date" field when the message was published.
If your account has a lot of published messages, you can refine the list.
- Type letters, numerals, and/or special characters in the Search Keywords field and click Search.
- Type dates in the From and To fields or click the calendar icons to choose dates and then click Search.
NOTE: Dates that are typed into the fields must adhere to the format, MM/DD/YYYY.
You can also click a message name to preview the message in a new tab.