Marketing Automation Enterprise (MA Enterprise) gives you the ability to create Virtual Senders so that you can send a message to a single email address (e.g., email@example.com), which will then send that same message to the recipients that you have specified. You send a message to one address...and Higher Logic distributes it!
To access your account's Virtual Senders:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > Options > Virtual Sender.
Use this page to add, edit, and delete Virtual Senders.
TIP: Click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order. Use the page-navigation options below the list to access additional pages.
Search for Virtual Senders
Use the Search field to narrow the number of Virtual Senders displayed.
- Type alphabetic, numeric, and/or special characters and press Enter or click the magnifying glass icon.
- You can search on as few as one character.
- The search will query only the Recipient Email field.
- Click the X to clear the field and restore the original list.
Manage Virtual Senders
- Click Add above the list to create a Virtual Sender on the Create Virtual Sender page. Refer to Create and edit Virtual Senders, below, to learn more.
- Select a Virtual Sender and click Edit to change its parameters on the Create Virtual Sender page. Refer to Create and edit Virtual Senders, below, to learn more.
- Select a Virtual Sender and click Delete to remove it; click OK at the confirmation prompt.
Create and edit Virtual Senders
The Virtual Sender create and edit pages are similar. The configuration options are described below.
NOTE: Blue text options are clickable and will open an on-page dialog with information and/or configuration options.
- After you've created or edited the Virtual Sender, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Go.
In the table below, items in the Field column that are bold are required fields.
NOTE: In addition to the required fields, you must select at least one group.
|Recipient Email||Specify (or change) the email address of this Virtual Sender.|
|From Field||Click the dropdown to choose from your account's pre-defined From Addresses.|
|CC Filter Address||Specify (or change) an email address. When this Virtual Sender sends a message, the system will verify that this address is permitted to send the message. This security feature acts like a password during send.|
Click the dropdown and choose an authorization group for this Virtual Sender.
NOTE: The email address that was specified in the From Field must be part of the selected authorization group. If it is not, the send request will be ignored.
|Description||Specify (or change) the description of this Virtual Sender.|
|Message Name Prefix||Specify (or change) a prefix for messages sent by this Virtual Sender to distinguish them from those created through the Messages List page.|
|Message Category||Choose a Message Category from the dropdown to have this Virtual Sender associated with that category. Click Manage Categories to create, edit, and delete Message Categories.|
|API Login||Click the dropdown and choose an API login to which this virtual-sender's messages will be assigned.
NOTE: If the Enterprise feature is enabled for your account, you can assign virtual-sender messages to specific teams.
|Template||Click the dropdown and choose a template to be applied to the messages that are sent by this Virtual Sender.|
|Web Version Link||Choose whether to include, in HTML and/or text-only versions of messages, a link to the web version of messages sent by this Virtual Sender. The link will display at the top of the messages and, when clicked, will open the messages in a browser.|
|Sending Profile||Click the dropdown to choose one of your account's Sending Profiles to be used by this Virtual Sender. The profile's IP Address, Return Path, Prepend Domain, and Sender ID will display.|
In this section, add and/or remove groups by checking/unchecking their boxes in the Available and Selected sections. As you select groups in the Available section, they automatically move to the Selected section.
- Use the Search field to limit the number of groups displayed.
- Select a group and click the list icon in the upper left to view the group's details in a pop-up.
NOTE: You must select at least one group.
Make further refinements by checking Filter Out Groups and repeating the process to exclude sub-groups of larger groups.
- When you have completed creating or editing, click Go.
TIP: If this is a new Virtual Sender, review the list on the Manage Virtual Sender page to confirm the addition.