In this article, we'll examine several reports you can run to understand the health and engagement of your subscribers (contacts). These reports include:
- Subscription Statistics
- Current Contacts
- Contacts by Day
- Unsubscribes by Day
- Demographic Summary
- Bounces, Opens or Clicks
Access subscriber reports
To view these reports:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Reports.
- Click the desired report.
Use this report to view how many subscribers or unsubscribers exist in your account within a specific period of time.
Configure the following options to filter the report according to your needs:
- Type - Select whether to view subscribers or unsubscribers.
- Source - If you want to filter subscribers/unsubscribers based on how they came into your account, select Subscription Form or Upload; otherwise, leave it set to Both.
- Split By - Indicate how you want the data in the report broken down: by day, month, or year. You'll then select how many days, months, or years of data to view in the field below.
- # to View - Select the number of days, months, or years of data to view.
- Break by - If you want to filter the subscriber/unsubscriber counts by Interests or Demographics, select the associated option, or leave it set to None to include all.
This report allows you to search for and view detailed metrics about your current subscribers. Use the options below to filter the resulting subscribers:
- Subscription Start Date - Search for current subscribers between the specific date range.
- Source - If you want filter subscribers based on how they came into your account, select Subscription Form or Upload; otherwise, leave it set to All Sources.
- Interest - Optionally, you can filter current subscribers based on one or more Interests. Or, leave it set to All Interests to include all of them.
- Sort By - Choose how you want to sort the results: by email address or date subscribed.
Clicking Submit displays a list of subscribers based on your configuration. Click the Details links to view detailed metrics about a subscriber.
In the resulting pop-up, click the various tabs to view information like the specific messages sent to the subscriber, which web pages they've visited (if web tracking is enabled for your account), and their engagement score over time. On the Edit tab, you can even update their account information.
Contacts by Day
Run this report to see a list of all individuals who have subscribed to your organization, by day, based on their subscription method: via a subscription form or upload, or both. Define a date range to target a specific time period.
The output of the report will list each day one or more individuals subscribed to your organization, along with the total subscribes up to that point.
This report allows you to filter unsubscribe data within a specified date range. You can filter the report by the cancel method and choose to sort the results by email address or unsubscribe date.
The output of the report will provide you with a list of email addresses, including the subscribe date, unsubscribe date, unsubscribe reason (if available), and the unsubscribe method. From here, you can also re-subscribe an individual record via the Re-Sub links.
Unsubscribes by Day
Run this report to see a list of all individuals who have unsubscribed from your organization, by day, based on their cancel method. Define a date range to target a specific time period.
The output of the report will list each day one or more unsubscribes occurred, along with the total unsubscribes up to that point.
Run this report to see a summary of demographic usage across your account; you can choose to view all demographic categories OR a specific demographic category. The output of the report can be exported to excel or displayed in your browser.
It will display the demographic summary for a given demographic and display the subscriber counts for each. Click the link for a demographic to see the email addresses for each associated subscriber(s).
Bounces, Opens or Clicks
Select a date range in which to review the subscribers who bounced, opened, or clicked emails sent within that time period. Choose to filter the report by a specific bounce method OR activity (or all activities). You also have the option to filter the criteria even further by selecting a specific target group in which the subscriber activity occurred.