The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) went into effect on January 01, 2020 and it grants Californian consumers additional rights to their personal information. This regulation provides more control and transparency to consumers.
The CCPA provides Californians with an effective way to control their personal information by ensuring the following rights:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about them.
- The right to know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed, and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information.
- The right to access their personal information.
- The right to equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights.
The CCPA requires applicable organizations to comply with these consumer rights and must be able to prove their compliance. Organizations who are found in non-compliance are subject to significant fines.
How Higher Logic helps your organization
Under CCPA, Higher Logic is considered a Service Provider for our customers because we process personal data on their behalf.
Additionally, our platforms provide compliance tools so that your organization can honor privacy-rights inquiries and data-deletion requests. Documentation on how these tools function can be found with our current GDPR resource page https://hug.higherlogic.com/helphome/help-gdpr.