The primary objective of a Campaign is to achieve a goal. Campaign goals are usually some type of conversion. A conversion could be any number of things that you configure the campaign to achieve, such as:
- a new registration or subscription,
- a commitment to volunteer,
- a purchase, or
- a donation.
NOTE: If your account is integrated with an AMS/CRM database, you can use queries to set goals that are based on items that your integrated database is tracking.
After establishing the group participating in the campaign, and then comparing that to those who converted, the percentage is available for reporting.
Set a goal
You can set a campaign goal:
- when you save the campaign for the first time and
- anytime after that by clicking the gear icon.
The upper section of the Save Campaign dialog displays campaign settings and properties.
- In the Goal Settings section, click the Set a goal for this campaign dropdown and select Yes.
The section expands to display the campaign's conversion settings.
- Set the Conversion Rate Goal which is the percentage of conversions that is required in order for the goal to be achieved.
- Select the Target Group contacts must belong to in order to count as a contact who has converted. You can base these goals on the Score that contacts have achieved, their persona, and activity like click and open rates. You can also use Target Groups that are dynamic queries being sent over from an integrated database.
- Click View Details to open a dialog that has Target Group data.
- Click Save.
Update a goal
You can update goals for In Progress campaigns only.
- Edit the campaign and click the gear icon.
Conversion progress indicator
You can view reporting information for campaigns on the Active and Archive tabs.
The report includes a snapshot of the conversion progress for campaigns that have a set goal.
- Hover over the menu icon for a campaign and select Report.
The campaign report opens in the current browser tab.
The report's Overview tab includes a meter that indicates the conversion progress.
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper right to:
- print the meter
- download a PNG, JPEG, or SVG image
- download a PDF document