Not every contact is necessarily appropriate for a campaign. The Exclude feature allows you to not include, or even remove, contacts associated to specific Target Groups and/or email addresses.
Let's learn how to use this feature.
- Navigate to the Campaign Designer > Activate tab.
- Select the desired activation option on the left. Now, on the right, click Edit next to the Exclude menu.
- Use the checkboxes to determine whether to exclude based on Target Groups, email addresses, or both. Depending on your choices, select the desired Target Group(s) and/or enter the email address(es) (one per line, with a maximum of 15).
- Next, select either Do not include in campaign or Remove from campaign from the menu at the top:
- Do not include in campaign - When the campaign looks for contacts to add, those associated to the chosen Target Group(s) and/or listed email address(es) are not added. However, if at some point they no longer match this criteria, they are then added to the campaign within five minutes of the change (i.e., this is a temporary exclusion).
- Remove from campaign - Contacts in the campaign matching the chosen Target Group(s) and/or listed email address(es) are immediately moved to the campaign's Stop step. This is a permanent removal.