Web archives allow you to create an archive of messages that you have published from your account. A web archive is publicly visible, and can be:
- embedded on your organization’s website (each web archive has a link that you can use on your website to allow visitors to read your newsletters and other published messages)
- or it can be linked to in a message.
You can create as many web archives as you need for your different message types.
NOTE: Web archives are different than the web version of a message. The web version references the template in real-time, while the archive provides a “preserved” copy of the message that does not change (even if the template changes).
Create an archive
- Navigate to Messages > Options > Web Archives.
- Click Add Web Archive.
- Complete the fields to configure your archive:
- Archive Name - Select a name that accurately describes this archive.
- Form Branding - Select an existing form branding to format the display of the web archive page.
NOTE: Form Branding is applied to a web archive page to change its appearance, and can include custom HTML, colors, and logos.
While applied here, Form Branding is managed separately on the Contacts > Forms > Form Branding page. From there, click Add Form Branding and complete the form.
- Sorting Criteria - Archive entries can be sorted by Message Name or by Publish Date and in Ascending or Descending order.
- Click Update to save the web archive.
At this point, the web archive exists, but it's empty; the next step is to populate it with messages.
Add messages to an archive
- Click an archive's Mailings button.
- Click the Add Mailing to Web Archive button.
- Complete the fields to add messages to your archive:
- Display Name - Create a reader-friendly name for the message you're adding.
- Mailing - Select a message from the menu. You can also search for messages using the magnifying glass icon.
- Active Status - This controls whether the message is visible in the archive. Generally, you'll want to select Active to make a message visible.
- Expiration - This controls whether the message will expire in the archive. If your organization wants to have archived messages expire after a set amount of time, meaning they'll be removed from the web archive page, select the associated option, along with the expiration date and time.
- Click Update to add the message to the archive.
Manage an archive
Several management actions are available for each archive:
- Click Modify to update an archive's display name, Form Branding, and the sorting method.
- Click Mailings to add additional messages to an archive at any time.
- Click View to view the archive's messages.
- Click Copy or Delete to copy or delete an archive.
- To share the archive with anyone, copy the link in the URL column and send them the link.
NOTE: You can link to web archives in your messages.
Find an archive's URL
Once you’ve created a web archive and added messages, you’ll need the URL to link to it. This is found on the main web archive page next to the corresponding web archive.
Link to an archive or specific archived messages
While editing a message in Mailing Designer 1:
- Click the Design tab.
- Click Create Story.
- Highlight the text in your mailing that you wish to use for the archive link and click the Insert Hyperlink icon in the HTML editor toolbar.
- From the menu, select Web Archive or Archived Mailing to create the associated link type.
- An additional menu will appear where you can select the web archive or specific message (depending on the option selected above).
- Click Insert Hyperlink to add the link and close the dialog.
- Click Save to create the story.
- Save the message.