Just like other messages, the first step when creating a transactional message is creating a template. When you create a transactional message template, you'll find many of the fields are familiar. You'll enter a template name, folder, friendly from, from address, and reply-to address. Unlike typical message templates, however, there are no content areas for stories. Rather, the template is exactly what contacts see when they receive the mailing, and a PDF attachment can be the actual invoice, bill, receipt, or other transactional document.
Create a transactional message template
- Navigate to Messages > Transactional > Message Template.
- Click Create Mailing Template.
- On the resulting page, at the top, configure the template's details:
- Friendly from
- From address
- Reply to address
- In the HTML Template section, use the HTML editor to create your template.
NOTE: As with any template, you'll have the full editor capabilities, including the ability to add HTML Head and Body tags.
- After your content is in place, click Create Text Template to generate a text template.
- Click Create at the bottom of the page to finish.
Your template now displays on the Messages > Transactional > Message Template page.
NOTE: Remember, templates for transactional messages do not contain stories or other content. They are simply the layout and design for what contacts see in their inbox.