You can attach a PDF to a transactional mailing as the transactional document itself (such as a bill, invoice, or receipt). Higher Logic Informz generates the PDF attachment from one of two sources: the attachment template and the recipient data file or the SQL View containing the information to be merged into the attachment template.
Create an Attachment template
- Navigate to Messages > Transactional > Attachment Template.
- Click Create Attachment Template.
- On the resulting page, enter the following information in the corresponding fields:
- Attachment Template Name - Enter a name to identify your transactional message.
- Folder - Click the menu to select a folder for your transactional template.
NOTE: Transactional templates are stored within the Transactional module; they are separate from your standard template folders. You can create folders for your transactional templates on the Messages > Transactional > Attachment Template page.
- Template - Use the HTML editor to create an attachment template.
- PDF Properties - Informz automatically creates a PDF that merges all specified transactional data. This section lets you customize parameters of that PDF with elements such as File Name, Page Orientation, and Title.
NOTE: All codes with the %%TM code (or %%INVOICE for older templates) are replaced with transactional data (click the Personalization icon and select Transactional Mailings as the personalization type to find a list of these codes).
- Click Create at the bottom of the page to create your attachment template.
Personalize the attachment
You can use personalization data in the file name of the Informz-generated PDF. This let's you create something unique for each recipient.
For example, if you want to use the first name and last name personalization fields, create a file name similar to the following:
November 2020 Invoice for %%TM||first_name%% %%TM||last_name%%
Using this technique, each contact would see his or her name in the PDF file.