View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
In Microsoft Outlook, users can create calendar reminders as an .ics file; these files can then be sent to others, who can then download them, open them on their local machine, and save them to their personal calendars.
To use .ics files in Marketing Automation Enterprise (MA Enterprise), you need to create the .ics file in Outlook and then upload it to your documents. At this point, it can be linked to a message.
NOTE: Owner information associated to the .ics file will be viewable to anyone checking its properties.
Step 1 - Create the .ics file
This is accomplished in Outlook. This article does not provide guidance on how to create .ics files in Outlook; for assistance, refer to Microsoft support.
NOTE: Your file name cannot contain spaces or special characters.
Step 2 - Upload the .ics file
With an .isc file created and saved to your computer, let's learn how to upload it to MA Enterprise.
- Click on the Tools tab.
- On the left menu panel, click Message Tools.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Manage Documents.
- Select your file.
- Click Upload File.
Step 3 - Link the .ics file to a message
- Create or edit a message in MA Enterprise.
- In the editor, highlight the text or image that will be associated with the link (e.g., “Click here to add this event to your calendar.”).
- Click the Insert Document Link icon in the editor toolbar.
- Locate the .ics file and double click to insert it into the message.
The calendar invite is now linked to the text you highlighted in the message.