NOTE: This article is for customers with the New Admin Experience interface (vertical left-navigation bar).
If your interface is different, view the "classic" version of this article.
Users of a variety of email applications can create calendar invitations and reminders as .ics files which can be sent to others, who can then download them, open them on their local machine, and save them to their personal calendars.
To use .ics files in your Higher Logic account messages, you must create the .ics file external to the Higher Logic system and then upload it to your documents. Then it can be linked to a message.
NOTE: Owner information associated to the .ics file will be viewable to anyone checking its properties.
Step 1 - Create the .ics file
This article does not provide guidance on how to create .ics files because they are created external of Higher Logic. Refer to the support documentation for your email client for information.
NOTE: Your .ics file name cannot contain spaces or special characters.
Step 2 - Upload the .ics file
With an .ics file saved to your computer, you can upload it to your account.
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > Assets > Documents.
- In Available Documents on the right, select which folder to upload the file to.
- Click Choose File and browse for the file; double click the file or click Open.
- Click Upload File.
Step 3 - Link the .ics file to a message
- Create or edit a message.
- In the editor, highlight the text or image that will host the link (e.g., “Click here to add this event to your calendar.”).
- Click the Insert Document Link icon in the editor toolbar.
- Locate the .ics file and double click to insert it into the message.
The calendar invitation is now linked to the text you highlighted in the message.