Action-based Target Groups enable you to target messages to a group of contacts based on their activities within Higher Logic Informz. This information is helpful when you want to narrow your targeting to pinpoint specific behaviors that your contacts exhibit.
Actions you can target
Let's take a look at the types of actions you can target in an Action-based Target Group.
- Opened a specific message
- Opened any message over a period of time
- Did not open a specific message
- Did not open any messages over a period of time
- Opened messages within a recent time period
- Clicked a specific link in a specific message
- Clicked a specific link in any message (within last 24 months)
- Clicked any link in a specific message
- Clicked any link in any message (within last 24 months)
- Did not click any links over a period of time
- Clicked any links over a period of time
- Clicked a link in a message within a recent time period
- Clicked a specific ad link in a specific message
- Clicked any ad link in a specific message
- Clicked any ad link in any message
NOTE: There are additional options if you have the Surveys and/or Events modules.
Create an Action-based Target Group
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups.
- Click Create.
- Select Action-Based from the menu, followed by Create in the pop-up.
- Enter a Name for the Target Group and, optionally, select a folder (or accept the default, Main Folder), and click Next to continue.
- Select the action you want to target and click Next.
- Configure the option(s) associated to the type of action you selected. For example, if you chose Clicked a Specific Link in a Specific Mailing, you'll be prompted to select a message.
- Click Update to complete the process.
Your new action-based Target Group will appear under your list of Action-based Target Groups and can be used to target messages or to create compound Target Groups.