In Microsoft Outlook, you can create a calendar reminder as an .ics file which can be sent to others who can then download it, open it on their local machine, and save it to their personal calendar.
To use an .ics file, you must create it in Outlook and then upload it to your documents. Then, it can be linked to a message.
NOTE: The file's owner information will be viewable in its Properties.
Step 1 - Create the .ics file
An .ics file must be created in Outlook. This article does not provide guidance on how to create .ics files in Outlook; for assistance, refer to Microsoft support.
NOTE: Your file name cannot contain spaces or special characters.
Step 2 - Upload the .ics file
With an .isc file saved to your computer, you can upload it to your account.
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > Assets > Documents.
- In the area to the left, select which folder to upload the file to.
- Click Choose File and browse for the file; double click the file or click Open.
- Click Upload File.
Step 3 - Link the .ics file to a message
- Create or edit a message.
- Highlight the text or image that will host the link (e.g., “Click to add this event to your calendar.”).
- Click the Insert Document Link icon in the editor toolbar.
- Locate the .ics file and double click it to insert it into the message.
The calendar invitation is now linked to the host text or image in the message.