Marketing Automation Enterprise (MA Enterprise) provides real-time tracking of messages so that you can see important statistical and performance data that might influence how you plan, group, and send future messages.
To track a message:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Messages > List.
TIP: Use the folder and search features (in the upper right) to more quickly locate a message.
- Select a message, and then click Track > Message.
Watch the video
Track Message page
The Track Message page displays message-tracking information in several sections to give you a comprehensive picture of the performance and effectiveness of the message.
TIP: Click the gear icon in the top right to open the Print dialog. You can print a paper copy or save the report as a .pdf file or to a drive. The report will contain only the information that is currently displayed on the page, so review the options in the various dropdowns and choose which data to include in the report.
In the upper part of the page, the Message Overview section has high-level information about the message.
The groups to which the message was sent are listed in the grid. If there are multiple groups, click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order.
- Click a group name to update the page to display tracking data for that group only and to enable the Group Details button.
- Click Group Details to open a pop-up window that has information (such as the status, send date and time, and the subject of the message) about other messages that were sent to the group.
If this message has undergone a deliverability test, the Deliverability Tests section will display below the grid. Click the date (of the test) to open the Deliverability Test page. Refer to Deliverability test results, below, for more information.
Scroll down the page to view the various statistical data. Each section has a dropdown from which you can select a different, but related, set of statistics. The results are presented in a variety of formats (funnel, grid, pie chart) to be more easily understood.
TIP: Use the convenient on-page information boxes (accessible from the circled "i" icon) in each section for detailed information that is specific, not only to the section, but to the set of data that was chosen from the dropdown.
TIP: In some of these sections, click a gear icon for additional options. Other sections have unique clickable options. Be sure to explore all of the information that's available to you.
This section reports on message activity.
This section reports on link-click activity.
This section reports on opens by device, browser, and email client.
This section reports on opens by geographic location.
Domain Level Tracking
This section reports on message activity by domain.
This section reports on engagement for each of the Share With Your Network zones (such as Twitter and LinkedIn) included in your email, and compares the number of clicks from each channel.
Deliverability test results
When a message is sent for deliverability testing, it is submitted to third-party testers that check for problems in delivering the message. Any potential issues that were uncovered during the deliverability test are displayed on this page.
Review the page and make any necessary changes to your message. Then re-run the deliverability test and return here to check the results.
TIP: Use the convenient on-page information boxes (accessible from the circled "i" icon) in each section for information about that section.
Click a thumbs-up or alert icon to see information about:
- Links - Reports on the status of linked content and includes the destination URL in the HTML and text versions of the message.
- Images - Reports on the status of linked images and includes the destination URL of the image, the image size, and whether the image size is acceptable (or, for example, very large).
- Size - Reports on the status of the message size, with and without images enabled.
- HTML Tags - Reports on the status of the HTML tags in the message and includes the tag details and a description.
SpamAssassin - One of the tests we use for messages is provided by SpamAssassin. It will check your message for anything that might cause it to be flagged as spam
Message Preview - This is a preview of how your message will display in several common desktop, webmail, and mobile email clients, so you can see any issues that appear on a given email client.
- Click the left and right arrows to scroll through the various email clients for each device type.
- Click the dotted-underline name of the email client to open a dropdown list of all available email clients; chose one to see a preview.
TIP: Click Show All in the dropdown to switch to a gallery of thumbnails of the available email clients. While in this view, click a thumbnail to see the full-sized preview.