As you add Speakers to your event track, Event Engagement makes it easy for you to promote them so that event registrants can get a preview of who will be presenting and on what topics. Event Engagement offers a page, KEYNOTES, that is dedicated to your speakers and which you can populate with session details, session summary, and a brief speaker bio.
The KEYNOTES page is a pre-designed template that neatly and effectively organizes the information.
To access the Keynotes page, navigate to Speakers > Keynotes in your site's top navigation.
NOTE: To learn how to manage the contents of this page, click Customize your Keynotes page in the topics list on the right side of this page.
Each keynote "block" has several sections that you can customize.
- Photo - Insert a photograph of the speaker.
- Social - Customize the social links to direct visitors to your social-site page.
- Title - Specify the title of the session that the speaker will lead.
- Details - Specify the speaker's name, the session details, and the session date.
- Summary - There are two sections that you can completely customize with session-specific information. Use these sections to provide, for example, a summary of the session (such as the topic and whether it'll be open to questions) and a few personal details about the speaker (such as qualifications, education). These section titles and text are customizable.
Customize your Keynotes page
The Keynote page has a few pre-populated Speaker blocks ready for your customizations. You can customize the page by editing the placeholder text in the blocks.
TIP: It's a good idea to periodically save your changes. Clicking Save will close the editor; just re-open it and continue working.
To customize your page:
- Click the edit icon to the right of the top-most Speaker block on the Keynotes page.
TIP: Click the Fullscreen icon (four arrows pointing out from the center) to enlarge the editor. Click the icon again to restore the original editor size.
Use the Editing keynote speakers WYSIWYG editor to customize the content for each Speaker and session.
- Photo - Click to select the picture, followed by the Insert/edit image button in the toolbar. Click the folder icon to display the Image Uploader. Navigate to and select a stored image -- or click Upload, navigate to, and choose a picture. Click Ok to insert the image.
You can also specify an image description and title.
NOTE: The recommended image width is 320px; the height is less specific but should be proportionate.
- Social Links - Click a social icon to select it, followed by the Insert/edit link button in the toolbar. Then, enter the URL for social-site page, and click Ok.
You can also specify hover-over text and a title. Leave the Target default of New window.
- Details - Select the text of the of the placeholder items in the details row and replace them with the details of the session. Do not delete the icons.
- Titles and Text Fields - Triple left-click each of these (to select the entire chunk of text) and replace the placeholder text with content that is relevant to the session.
Use the text-formatting options (bold, italic, font and size) in the toolbar to customize your text, such as adding your organization's colors.
NOTE: The title fields are not case-sensitive; each will default to uppercase on the Keynotes page.
- Repeat this process for the other Keynote blocks.
- Click Save at the bottom of the dialog.
Your changes are saved and instantly display on the page.
Add & remove Keynote blocks
If there are more Keynote blocks than you need, you can delete the extra content. Conversely, if you need more, it's easy to copy-and-paste an existing one.
IMPORTANT: The delete and copy actions are done in the HTML editor. If you need assistance with this, create a case.
To copy a Keynote block:
- Click the HTML (Source code) icon in the WYSIWYG editor toolbar.
- In the Source code window, scroll down to where there are three successive </div> tags.
- Place your cursor at the start of the next line of code and capture it and all of the rows below it down to and including the next group of three successive </div> tags.
- Copy (right-click, Copy or Ctrl+C) what you've captured.
- Scroll to the bottom of the HTML window, place your cursor at the end of the last row (under four successive </div> tags), and press Enter.
- Paste (right-click, Paste or Ctrl+V) what you've captured.
- Click Save and review the "new" Speaker entry on the Keynotes page.
To delete a Keynote block:
- Click a breaker row to select it. It is now highlighted blue.
- Click the Copy icon at the top right of the block. This places it at the bottom of the set of blocks.
- Click a Keynote block to select it. It is now highlighted blue.
- Click the Copy icon at the top right of the block. This places it at the bottom of the set of blocks and, with the breaker row having been placed above it, it is now uniformly spaced from the prior Keynote block.
Click Save to save your changes and publish your Keynote page.