Event Engagement has been set up to help you host live and recorded sessions for your virtual event on an external (third-party) platform; your hosting platform. Even though your session content is hosted outside of Higher Logic, you can use Event Engagement to:
- Spread the word about your virtual event sessions,
- Give attendees a way to attend your sessions, and
- Host event-related discussions.
- If your organization/company already has a preferred hosting platform, use that.
- If you organization/company does not have a preferred hosting platform, you'll have to decide on which to use for your live and recorded sessions.
You should familiarize yourself with the hosting platform that you'll be using and have a basic understanding of how to:
- Upload and access your content
- Link to your content from within your track or event
- Embed your content in your track or event
Building on these basics, it's also important to understand what security measures are available for your hosted content. This article provides links to security-related information that you should review in order to protect the integrity and content of your live and recorded events. Remember, Event Engagement has the role of facilitator for your events; ultimately, it is up to you to protect your content.
Third-party content-protection resources
Use these links to quickly access a variety of resources that will help you get the information that you need for your hosting platform.
NOTE: Higher Logic is providing these links as gateways to information that we think you will find useful. You might have to find additional information that is specific to your event and needs.
- Password Protect: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033559832-Meeting-and-Webinar-Passwords-
- Prevent Downloads: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205347605-Managing-cloud-recordings
- Secure Your Meetings: https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Securing%20Your%20Zoom%20Meetings.pdf
- Prevent ZoomBombing: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-prevent-zoom-bombing-5-simple-tips/
- Hosting Virtual Events - Best Practices: https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html#events
- Password Protect: https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/224817847-Privacy-settings-overview
- Prevent Downloads: https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/229678128-Downloading-videos
- Video Privacy: https://vimeo.com/blog/post/video-privacy-explained/
- Video Privacy Settings: https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224817847-Privacy-settings-overview#how-do-i-change-the-privacy-on-all-my-videos-at-once
- Share Unlisted Videos: https://vimeo.com/blog/post/share-unlisted-videos-with-private-links/
- Unlist a Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poGiVTXuqS8
- Video Privacy Settings: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Password Protect: https://help.webex.com/en-us/sxdj4ab/Manage-Security-for-a-Cisco-Webex-Site-in-Cisco-Webex-Control-Hub
- Prevent Downloads: https://help.webex.com/en-us/00kxfb/Prevent-People-Sharing-Files