In this article, you'll learn about the HTML Content type, and how to insert it into your templates and messages.
The HTML Content type enables you to design in the WYSIWYG editor or access the HTML source code to work directly in the HTML of your messages.
NOTE: This feature is available in the Template Designer 2 (TD2) and Message Designer 2 (MD2) editors only.
The HTML Content type provides a standard WYSIWYG editing experience within TD2 and MD2. Two key features are:
- The ability to edit within the source code (HTML) of your message content
- The ability to insert tables
In addition, the HTML Content type supports standard WYSIWYG functionality, like text alignment, support for inserting bulleted or numbered lists, and managing font properties.
NOTE: The following functionality will be added soon: Personalization, date codes, images, and hyperlink options.
In this section, you'll learn how to add the HTML Content type to Message Content blocks in one of your TD2 templates. You must to perform this step to make the HTML Content type available during message creation.
- Drag and drop a Message Content area into your template.
- To the left is where you select which content types you want available in this specific Message Content block. Select HTML Content. All selected items are highlighted.
- Repeat this process for any additional Message Content blocks where you want the HTML Content type available to message creators.
Assuming the HTML Content type has been added to one of your TD2 templates, let's learn how to insert it in one of your MD2 messages.
- While editing a message, on the Design tab, click Add Story and select HTML Content.
NOTE: Remember, the HTML Content type will only be available if you've added it to Message Content blocks in your template. For help with this process, refer to the TD2 section above.
- With the newly added HTML Content type selected, click Open HTML Editor in the Content tab to the left. The editor opens and you can now add your content. Refer to the HTML Content editor overview section below to learn more about the editor's features.
HTML Content editor overview
The following table describes the formatting options.
|Undo and redo edits to your content.|
Use this menu to format text with a paragraph style or several predefined heading styles.
|Click these buttons to apply bold, italic, underline, subscript, and superscript formatting to your text.|
|Use this menu to insert tables and manage table properties.|
|Access the HTML source code of your content; this opens a world of possibilities for users proficient in HTML code, and enables you to paste in code from elsewhere.|
|Click these buttons to manage text alignment (left, center, right, and justified).|
|Apply bullet list and number list formatting to your text. Click the dropdowns to choose from several styles.|
|Click these buttons to increase or decrease the indentation of your text.|
|If you paste in content from elsewhere that includes unwanted formatting, highlight and click this button to clear text formatting.|
|Use these two menus to adjust font and color.|
|Insert personalization into your message content.|